truck shakes
09-20-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
RE: truck shakes
no kidding. and it was shaking rough in the truck?
replyreply
(09-20-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  no kidding. and it was shaking rough in the truck?

Yes, trailer tires can have that effect.
Especially spring ride trailers. I had this issue several times when I use to pull the big orange trailers
replyreply
(09-20-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  When I first bought my truck, the front end would shake and hop around 63mph... Discovered one of the tires was out of round, replaced both and problem went away. We discovered this on the high speed tire balancer... It looked like an egg going round and round.

Waterloo could be on to something!!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(09-20-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  brand new steers and drives

It don't matter if tire's are new.
they make bad tire's that are brand new!!
Check'em out.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(09-20-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  and only does it between 65 and 70
When mine did this, it was the carrier bearing, and yes it looked their was no problem, but it was replaced and problem went away. When was the last time the carrier bearing was replaced?
I replace mine about every 4-5 years, or if i have a couple of u joints that are bad, between the tranny and front diff.

replyreply
(09-20-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(09-20-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  and only does it between 65 and 70
When mine did this, it was the carrier bearing, and yes it looked their was no problem, but it was replaced and problem went away. When was the last time the carrier bearing was replaced?
I replace mine about every 4-5 years, or if i have a couple of u joints that are bad, between the tranny and front diff.

I brought my Volvo to 2 shops who said the carrier was fine. You had to push hard but the bearing pushed out of the rubber, I told them that's not fine and with a carrier bearing I don't accept that's fine. it's 100%. Put a new one in then asked the mechanic to push it again and tell me mine was fine.

Idiots. fixed my vibration though.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Sounds like front tires. Some have a green dot on them and it needs aligned with valve stem.
If no green dot , break them loose and spin them 180 degrees on rim and air up.
replyreply
(09-20-2016 )Pro Star Cummins Wrote:  Sounds like front tires. Some have a green dot on them and it needs aligned with valve stem.
If no green dot , break them loose and spin them 180 degrees on rim and air up.

Yep, that green dot is the heavy side of the tire from the factory... If it is out of round, it will show... If the dot is gone, the high speed balancer will give a good idea of where to place the tire on the rim. Been there, done that... My last case, there was no fix, other than purchasing a new set of tires. Problem solved.
replyreply
09-21-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
(09-20-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  It don't matter if tire's are new.
they make bad tire's that are brand new!!
Check'em out.

Good luck getting a tire guy to actually admit it though...

Best bad tire story I ever saw...
I was waiting in the lounge of the truck shop at the Petro in Effingham years ago when a driver came in and asked for the boss of the tire division. Boss came up front and the driver told him "I've got a tire out on my trailer goin bad that is warrantee. Not gonna argue with you, just replace it and all will be good. Damn thing hopped like crazy on my steer so I moved it to the wagon"
Atypical instantly the tire guy starts talking as he walks around the counter that "it's out of balance, shocks, springs, alignment..."
Driver looks at me grins and says "You're gonna wanna see this"
Never one to miss out, I get up and follow, as the tire guy is still babbling bullshit about how it's anything but the tire, must be rim, yadda yadda, cause he's never actually seen a bad tire" and that's it, he just stopped talking. His jaw was wide open looking at this tire in disbelief, and I started laughing my ass off!!!
"No such thing as a bad tire, that's rich!!! You dumb shi#t." I coughed out between laughs.
I swear to god, there protruding out of the tread of the tire was a glove. No shi#t, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, the tread finally wore down enough for it to start sticking through. my only thought is: someone must have set their glove(s) on the tire, went for a break or got distracted, then continued adding the layers right over the glove. It was molded INTO the tire!

Doubtfully your problem, probably won't help, but it shows that the people making tires are people too...and they make mistakes everyday just like we do as well...and I still laugh every time I think of that tire guy blabbering all the things wrong with a truck but not the precious tire
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.