unknown DTC
08-04-2023, (Subject: unknown DTC ) 
unknown DTC
EVENING DRIVERS I HAVE A ISSUE WITH MY TRUCK... ITS KEEP SHUTTING OFF AFTER A FEW MILES TRAVELED... IM SHOWING A CODE OF SA0 SPN 3597 FMI 2

ANYONE HAVE OR HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE? GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE OR FIX ON THIS THANKS AGAIN
replyreply
RE: unknown DTC
what make/model truck?. What make/model engine?.
some history?.

Also 3597, fmi2 is usually the code for power lost with ignition still on.

Could be wiring issue .. or of it is a CM570, CM8670, or CM871,.. could be the ecm going bad due to no one ever bothering to change the crank shaft damper when it was supposed to be and now excessive vibration causing damage to the ecm.
here is some related info (about mid-way onto this post):
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid76607

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Volvo had a problem with nuts “loosening” on the firewall for powers and grounds. Also you may wanna check your battery power wire for the Cummins ecm. Fuse and wire should be in the battery box.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
(08-04-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  what make/model truck?. What make/model engine?.
some history?.

Also 3597, fmi2 is usually the code for power lost with ignition still on.

Could be wiring issue .. or of it is a CM570, CM8670, or CM871,.. could be the ecm going bad due to no one ever bothering to change the crank shaft damper when it was supposed to be and now excessive vibration causing damage to the ecm.
here is some related info (about mid-way onto this post):
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid76607

this is a 2009 volvo vnl 630 with a cummins isx 871.. truck is demandated and ecm was replaced 2 years... engine has 1.2 million miles no rebuild
replyreply
08-05-2023, (Subject: unknown DTC ) 
(08-04-2023 )volvokid Wrote:  ...
this is a 2009 volvo vnl 630 with a cummins isx 871.. truck is demandated and ecm was replaced 2 years... engine has 1.2 million miles no rebuild

Cm871 + intermittent power/cutout and engine dying randomly = almost always an intermittent ecm. Hopefully it is something more simple,. but the odds are in its favor for a bad ecm.

Crank it up, let it idle.. and smack the ecm around almost hard enough to dent its casing. See if it cuts out. If it does, then its a bad ecm. .. and replace the crank shaft damper with a new OEM one while your at it, or the next ecm you install will have the same intermittent issues all over again in a year or 2 as well. If it is a bad ecm.. ONLY PURCHASE AN OFFICIAL REAMAN OR NEW ONE FROM A CERTIFIED DEALERS$IT!!!.. DO NOT BUY A USED OR REPAIRED, REFURB FROM ANY THIRD-PARTY OUTFIT!!!.

-== NEXT .. you say its de-mandated .. so you need to ASAP, also copy that program out of that ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did in there. More than 90% of all de-mandate programs are extremely harmful to the engine and/or the turbocharger. Might as well have sand in your oil.. it is a matter of time, while all the progressive damage a bad delete programming takes its toll on it.
Here is what needs to be done on that front:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-05-2023, (Subject: unknown DTC ) 
I've also gotten the same codes with bad battery cables. Very carefully inspect every cable for hidden corrosion, broken cables or loose connections. Same goes for ground spots too.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
08-08-2023, (Subject: unknown DTC ) 
(08-04-2023 )volvokid Wrote:  ...This is a 2009 volvo vnl 630 with a cummins isx 871.. truck is demandated and ecm was replaced 2 years... engine has 1.2 million miles no rebuild

Looks like your the first lucky bean of the year so far, as far as reviewing unknown programs go. The program is good... good injection timing, decent engine mode control, decent turbo mapping. Program is a bit dated, but its new enough, and fine. Any updates would not benefit it any.

Only thing I found slightly amiss is that it was adjusted to 500HP/1750 torque instead of the advertised 475/1750 .. but that is no big deal. Whoever set the power/torque should have also updated the advertised to match it, but again, its no big deal.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: volvokid , Bengy88
Hahahaha the first lucky in 8 Fkn months. And that’s just the ones you’ve checked I wonder what a total tally of bad ones would be between all of us here. I’ve only seen 2 this year that were acceptable. This should tell everyone that has a mystery program in their truck that they really should have it checked….. especially those $3500 programs ;)

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
Thank you so much Rawze i greatly appreciate the feedback will get a copy made so we never loose this program thanks again to you and all the members here for the knowledge
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.