Cummins insite error message
08-06-2023, (Subject: Cummins insite error message ) 
Star Cummins insite error message
Getting a error message when trying to reload factory calibrations into the work space any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
08-06-2023, (Subject: Cummins insite error message ) 
RE: Cummins insite error message
Newer factory calibrations are not compatible with older versions of Insite.

(just sharing some info on this subject) ...
Personally, I do not use the Insite software for flashing ecm calibrations ... haven't in years.
I use Calterm for flashing, even with new factory programs, and only use Insite to back-up, restore vehicle settings (work order and template).

Here is the process that I usually use...
== On Insite, I make a work order of the old program.
== On Insite, I convert the work order to a template while I am there as well (a necessary step).
== On Calterm, I re-flash the blank factory file in.
== On Insite, I clear any fault codes 2x in a row, and do the key-switch dance as it asks me to.
== On Insite, I restore the work order.
== On Insite, I restore the enigne ser# and vin# if it got lost (sometimes it does if you jump CPL's).
== I let the engine run for 10 minutes to reset/restore all RAM memory in background, etc.. before doing anything else.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.