Check Engine Light Staying On
08-09-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
Check Engine Light Staying On
Hey everyone, check engine light came on in my 2007 International 9200 w/ Cummins ISX and won't go off. Truck seems to be running ok but the light comes on as soon as I cycle the key and won't turn off. Put the computer on it and got this code, any help on what to do is greatly appreciated! I attached a photo of the code info. Thanks guys!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
08-09-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
RE: Check Engine Light Staying On
The sensor you're looking for is behind the IFSM near the electric fuel pump, a real pain the rear to get to...
replyreply
08-10-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
It being a 2007 truck, it could have a CM870 ISX in it (only had egr) .. or it could have a CM871 engine in it (has a DPF as well)?... which engine do you have?.

if your not sure, you can always post your engine ser#.

Red engines are not "drive it till it quits" engines.. they need regularly scheduled maintenance!!!..

When is the last time you did a proper EGR-tune-up on it?... it is supposed to be done once a year, or you get problems like you described that plague it.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...122#pid122

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-29-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
Hey Rawze, this truck has the 870 in it. Sounds like I need an egr tune up.
replyreply
08-29-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
Are there any videos that show the cleaning/tune up process for the EGR system on the 870?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
08-31-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
Update: Finally got the old diff pressure sensor off but the wiring harness is stuck on it and won't come off. I finally broke it trying to get it off and it looks like it's glued or melted on to the original sensor. Now I'm going tomorrow to try and find a new wiring harness. Is that normal? Also would anyone have a part # for this wiring harness? Headed to Cummins in the am to hopefully find a replacement.
replyreply
09-01-2023, (Subject: Check Engine Light Staying On ) 
I would say normal on that old of a truck especially if it has never been changed.. I had an 05 Volvo with a Cummins 870, had the originals all plastic EGR valve in it before they realized that wasn’t a good idea.. it popped at 250K and the replaced it with the upgraded metal version under warranty. Sold the truck at 550K and hadn’t had anymore problems. I would think on a system that simple the EGR tune up would be as easy as taking apart the piping and cleaning it, and replacing any applicable sensors.. should be pretty straight forward, but that is just a guess, I don’t have much experience with the 870’s.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.