Breaker fuses, any issues with...
09-20-2016, (Subject: Breaker fuses, any issues with... ) 
Breaker fuses, any issues with...
Alright, chasing an electrical fault somewhere in my truck... Starting at fuse box. These breakers that are in there from the factory, is there any issue with pulling them all and replacing with regular fuses? These things are $11 each, and they look to be original and I do know they go bad.

Anyone done this? Is there a reason to have the breakers in certain areas in regards to say the truck burning to the ground?
replyreply
RE: Breaker fuses, any issues with...
(09-20-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Alright, chasing an electrical fault somewhere in my truck... Starting at fuse box. These breakers that are in there from the factory, is there any issue with pulling them all and replacing with regular fuses? These things are $11 each, and they look to be original and I do know they go bad.

Anyone done this? Is there a reason to have the breakers in certain areas in regards to say the truck burning to the ground?

Breakers are great if you hook up to multiple trailers. You never know when a trailer has a shorted circuit. They are also handy if you loose a headlight, or other light bulb, and it shorts out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
So in other words, best to leave them and or replace with same? So, what is the life on these things? I have already replaced one that was bad, it did not pop, but it was bad.
replyreply
11-07-2021, (Subject: Breaker fuses, any issues with... ) 
Very old thread but I’m curious about these breaker fuses as well.Is there an issue with replacing them all with regular fuses?
replyreply
11-07-2021, (Subject: Breaker fuses, any issues with... ) 
I find them very handy... they are very forgiving when you are tracking down a short. they reset and turn on again. Also, when you are fixing a light and accidently touch the hot wire, you dont have to go change the fuse again....

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.