International N13 2016 Engine keeps derating
08-23-2023, (Subject: International N13 2016 Engine keeps derating ) 
International N13 2016 Engine keeps derating
Hi wondering if anyone can help

2016 International Truck with N13 engine
10 Speed AUTO

Truck was running fine until the sister truck broke down and the TECU was taken out to see if the sister truck would work

After that everything went down hill

Replaced TECU with new one and someone at EATON advised to update the software to the latest with Service Ranger

Then we couldnt get clutch adjusted it advised bad ESA on service ranger

Replaced ESA

Then it allowed clutch adjustment

After that went on test drive drove fine

20 mins later shut down and won't shift past 5th gear
The jakes even turn on

Sometimes if we turn the key off and on while the engine is running in gear it starts working

Codes I get are SART Module Battery failure, PTC 64892 not received from ENGINE. Engine control module not programmed for After treatment

J1939 ELECTRONIC RETARDER TIMEOUT OR INVALID SIGNAL

The truck was deleted in the past

I tried switching the ECM from sister truck it worked again for one drive and then it seems to derate again

We replaced the XY shifter, The transmission harness, ESA actuator, TECU

It seems to be a ghost problem the truck has 375,000 MILES

There was blown fuse close to XY shifter we replaced the fuse and it started working properly
Next day the same thing happened de re rate and not going above 5 MPH then while engine running in gear cycled key quickly three four times and it stopped the de rate.

We didn't touch any wiring but possible for engine side but from visual check it looked OK

Not sure if the TECU is causing it

Doesn't make sense

We are going to replace the high low shift solenoid

we didn't get any codes

and service ranger isn't showing anything

Speed sensors will be on the list to replace next even though no codes

Another weird thing is we got the legit version of Service ranger and cracked version the real version cannot locate EATON products and the cracked version works fine. Will contact service ranger for that.

Im thinking TECU has corrupt software
Maybe get a new TECU and not program it and leave software in there

Reverse gear is R1 and has full power and RPM rev up high

When I connected J-pro at times I saw the MAX road speed come down to 5 MPH that had me thinking its a bad DELETE but we swapped ECM and same thing happens
replyreply
RE: International N13 2016 Engine keeps derating
The TECU will get ghost errors in it if the fuses in the fuse panel are old and tarnished, yet still check out ok. Replace all fuses (not the relays or breakers though) in the entire panel with all brand new ones and see if some of those TECU problems clear up.

If it is blowing fuses regularly that go to the the XY shifter/tranny (you were not too clear on describing that) .. maybe something in the tranny is worn out? or has bad wiring?.

As far as using illegitimate software on it.. it is not uncommon to have major issues if you try to flash/update the TECU or tranny. Some vehicles need exact versions of software to run properly. You might just simply have to take it to a stealers$it and let them set it all back properly for you instead of trying to do it yourself.

As far as the delete goes.. well,... you know what i am going to say about that. -= More than 90% of all delete programs are nothing but half-arssed bullsh%it .. so that may be a big part of your problems too. -= Maybe have engine, etc. all flashed back to factory programming and get everything working 100% correctly again while it has all factory programming in it, and then go from there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That year model is not easy to demandate Ive seen a few good tuners say they wont do it because it will always have problems from it and there a pain to do to start with

User's Signature: Repairing Demandates 1 Truck At A Time
replyreply
I forgot to tell you guys the best part.. Both trucks are in close to the Arctic up north.
Its a place called Rankin Inlet. I was flown from BC there to help them

No stealerships around

If I buy a used ECM for the states for it without a delete,Would the truck de rate because of the drilled DPF?

For the TECU I believe they come pre-programmed maybe get a brand new one and just plug and play and calibrate the clutch and hill assist without updating anything

Right now we are even thinking of getting another DPF and just going back to stock

They have 5 weeks before the weather changes to snow and construction shuts down

Today we will change those fuses out.
replyreply
The drilled filter is gonna cause a problem whether deleted or not, the filter needs to be completely gutted or the truck straight pipped. But yes it is going to derate
{after so many miles}…..

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
08-28-2023, (Subject: International N13 2016 Engine keeps derating ) 
We came up with a temporary solution, when the truck is going down the road and shifting from 4th to 5th we turn the key off and on and then truck runs good all day after that but it has to be re done everyday

Not sure if the ECM being tricked or TECU or something else.

Also the DPF is fully gutted
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.