ecm replacement now no engine brakes
09-02-2023, (Subject: ecm replacement now no engine brakes ) 
ecm replacement now no engine brakes
Good evening everyone...IVE Ran into a bit of issue just now. My ecm was causing my truck to shutoff so i decided to get it replaced. I followed the instructions on pulling my file from the old ecm and to add it to the new ecm.. My issue is everything seems to be running and working fine.. No cel... But when i took it for a test drive the engine brakes no longer work... I mean they dont work at all!!! So if anyone has a idea or been in this situation before colud you please give me some help to figure this out please thanks again!!!!
replyreply
09-02-2023, (Subject: ecm replacement now no engine brakes ) 
RE: ecm replacement now no engine brakes
I just helped a guy fix this exact issue earlier . Send me a message and I can help ya.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
09-03-2023, (Subject: ecm replacement now no engine brakes ) 
What make/model truck?. What engine?.

Where did the replacement ECM come from?.

What software did you use to xfer the file over with?.. what method?.

- Sounds to me like maybe during the xfer, the engine brake multiplex addresses might have gotten lost. Did you make a proper ecm template in the Insite software before taking the old one off?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
[quote='Rawze' pid='77813' dateline='1693751687']
What make/model truck?. What engine?.
2009 volvo vnl

Where did the replacement ECM come from?.
{garbage-can ecm repair place}

What software did you use to xfer the file over with?.. what method?.
CALTERN 3

- Sounds to me like maybe during the xfer, the engine brake multiplex addresses might have gotten lost. Did you make a proper ecm template in the Insite software before taking the old one off?.
YES
replyreply
Ok so I checked all of his settings/parameters, pulled the ecm image and applied a template from old to new ecm, flashed a factory file in the truck, flashed a custom file in the truck, and pulled the file from old ecm and put in new and engine brakes still won’t work. I’m pretty sure he has an ecm problem because they work with the old ecm and not the new.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
09-04-2023, (Subject: ecm replacement now no engine brakes ) 
(09-03-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Ok so I checked all of his settings/parameters, pulled the ecm image and applied a template from old to new ecm, flashed a factory file in the truck, flashed a custom file in the truck, and pulled the file from old ecm and put in new and engine brakes still won’t work. I’m pretty sure he has an ecm problem because they work with the old ecm and not the new.

What do you expect from a non-oem repaired ecm?... try to save a few $$$ only to have nothing but headaches?.

Jumping over thousands of dollars in lost freight and problems because you tried to save a few pennies.

Starting to sound like another one just like I described here... : http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid74237

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.