ISX 450 Intermittent Mystery Derate
10-19-2023, (Subject: ISX 450 Intermittent Mystery Derate ) 
RE: ISX 450 Intermittent Mystery Derate
'eagle red' is the CM871 ... your engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Allaroundag
11-05-2023, (Subject: ISX 450 Intermittent Mystery Derate ) 
I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with this issue, namely Rawze and Bengy88. The "mystery" derate and intermittent dying issue appear to have been caused by garbage programming. You guys saved my bacon, thank you so much!

On another note, does anyone happen to know where the N14 Red Top calibration file can be found in Calterm 3? I need to hook up to my 1999 379 and am unsure how to locate the file... or which CAD, DAD, BAC etc folder it would be under ... or is there a database somewhere that you can find the calibrations folder names on various models? Or is it simply too old?

Thank you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-06-2023, (Subject: ISX 450 Intermittent Mystery Derate ) 
The old N14's were called the 'CELECT' and 'CELECT PLUS' in CT back in the day. The 3-letter code was usually 'ECI' for most of them.

My best advice.. if you have an N14 that is still running.. donate it to a museum or turn it into an RV, and stop trying to run it down the roads with freight at this point. - You can't get good injectors for them any more, or a lot of other parts that are good oem quality .. and their fuel mileage is not that good. - its kinda a wasted effort for the most part vs. anythng with a VG turbo these days.

just my own thoughts on it any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-06-2023, (Subject: ISX 450 Intermittent Mystery Derate ) 
Haha - Just like me to be a couple decades behind the times! And here I thought I was moving up in the world from my 3406B and '83 KW and also doing right by taking a step back 10 years into pre-emissions from my ISX! I do get your point about the VG turbos though... Those things were certainly game changers.

Oh well...

I'll look for that ECI folder. I certainly appreciate the help as always!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.