ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
10-16-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
RE: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
Hey I have a question, my 2014 ISX15 locked up on me and wanting to put a 1018 X15 my question is can I run it with the ISX15 ECM or will I have any problems? Can I just transfer everything over such as injectors or Cyl head ect.
replyreply
10-17-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
(10-16-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  Hey I have a question, my 2014 ISX15 locked up on me and wanting to put a 1018 X15 my question is can I run it with the ISX15 ECM or will I have any problems? Can I just transfer everything over such as injectors or Cyl head ect.

Aside from it being illegal to do such a thing ... That is unless the whole aftertreatment system would also have to be swapped over + it needing to be registered as a 'glider'?.

Also, any repair shop that would install just the engine would be as guilty, and can get fined heavily for participating in it too.

Just something to consider, as not everyone is willing, or is able to take that risk.

The best move is to simply source and put the correct model engine back into it instead.

Personally, I could care less, I just thought people should be aware of it...

====
legal warnings aside...

The X15 engine, as is, and all components can be run just fine, including injectors, etc. with the older ECM and older wiring harness. A custom program will have to be made for it though, as someone will need to make all the adjustments for the different air flow, different compression ratio, different injector trim logic, and other things.

I would recommend however that the turbo off the older engine be used if it is still good +_ something does for the air compressor intake, as the older turbo style has the correct speed sensor on it, etc. for the older engine wiring harness. The newer turbo can be used, but the speed sensor will be an issue otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok thanks for the feedback. How do I get this custom tune since the X15 engine has no ECM to get the parameters.
replyreply
(10-17-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  Ok thanks for the feedback. How do I get this custom tune since the X15 engine has no ECM to get the parameters.

You need to copy the program from the ecm (meant for the original engine that came out with all settings still in tact for truck engine etc.) once the conversion is all done and everything hardware-wise is ironed out ... and e-mail it to me. I will need the old engine ser# and the new engine ser#.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-18-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
Ok! Once I sort it out, I will get that to you, for some reason my insite is not communicating with the truck, so I got to figure out if it’s the software on the laptop or the NEXIQ usb link.
replyreply
11-07-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
So I did the engine swap and was fairly easy. The problem I'm having is the truck is not starting. It just cranks but doesn't attempt to start not even with starting fluid. My question is, what can I check to make sure my ecm is good. I'm getting 5v reference on all the sensors. Or is it not starting cause I need to reflash the ecm for the for the new specs on the x15. I don't have a laptop right now to look on insite will be getting one in a couple of days. Any help is appreciated.
replyreply
(11-07-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  So I did the engine swap and was fairly easy. The problem I'm having is the truck is not starting. It just cranks but doesn't attempt to start not even with starting fluid. My question is, what can I check to make sure my ecm is good. I'm getting 5v reference on all the sensors. Or is it not starting cause I need to reflash the ecm for the for the new specs on the x15. I don't have a laptop right now to look on insite will be getting one in a couple of days. Any help is appreciated.

does it have the red stop engine light in the dash on?.

is it getting proper fuel pressure while cranking?.. and what is that pressure when looking at it in insite?.

Does it show a few psi of oil pressure on the oil pressure gauge in the dash when cranking it after several seconds?

Have you followed the crank, no-start troubleshooting procedures found on Quickserv?.

you need to connect to the ecm and find out what is wrong.

replyreply
It did have the red stop engine light, my mechanic friend cleared it but my batteries were low and didn't want to wait around. Some friend! I don't have insite right now my laptop isn't communicating with the truck. I tried to get a different USB adapter, but it was doing the same thing. I do get oil pressure about 10 psi while cranking, and I get fuel pressure when I crack the lines loose. I'm going to try to find somebody with insite to come over and help diagnose it, and go through the troubleshooting guide. I was just wondering if it wasn't starting because of the different file for that engine thanks again
replyreply
11-08-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
(11-07-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  It did have the red stop engine light, my mechanic friend cleared it but my batteries were low and didn't want to wait around. Some friend! I don't have insite right now my laptop isn't communicating with the truck. I tried to get a different USB adapter, but it was doing the same thing. I do get oil pressure about 10 psi while cranking, and I get fuel pressure when I crack the lines loose. I'm going to try to find somebody with insite to come over and help diagnose it, and go through the troubleshooting guide. I was just wondering if it wasn't starting because of the different file for that engine thanks again

whatever is the fault code for the red stop light is what you need to focus on.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.