ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
11-08-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
RE: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
Ok, when the truck died and the light came on it was for high oil temp it was at 280, and low oil pressure, I guess I can't do nothing until I get on with Insite.
replyreply
11-18-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
Hey back with an update, I decided to take the cylinder head off to see what was going on cuz it seem to crank over with no compression just like a gasoline engine with no spark plugs. it turns out the pistons had no rings at all, none. I was blown away WOW! So much for getting a good deal. The place I bought it from claims they got it from another place that went belly up. And that place put new rod and main bearings, which it does have. So they ordered replacement parts for me, including headgasket. I'm going to pop the liners out and replace the seals since I'm there. Do I need to check liner protrusion before I pull them out? should I replace all the liner shims if the counter bores look good and within specs. thanks in advance.
replyreply
(11-18-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  Hey back with an update, I decided to take the cylinder head off to see what was going on cuz it seem to crank over with no compression just like a gasoline engine with no spark plugs. it turns out the pistons had no rings at all, none. I was blown away WOW! So much for getting a good deal. The place I bought it from claims they got it from another place that went belly up. And that place put new rod and main bearings, which it does have. So they ordered replacement parts for me, including headgasket. I'm going to pop the liners out and replace the seals since I'm there. Do I need to check liner protrusion before I pull them out? should I replace all the liner shims if the counter bores look good and within specs. thanks in advance.

Your liners need to be set to .014 minimum, but more like .015.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
(11-18-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Your liners need to be set to .014 minimum, but more like .015.
Ok we'll see how that goes. Hopefully the counterbores are good. By the way just responded to your message. I didn't notice it.
replyreply
(11-18-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  it turns out the pistons had no rings at all, none.

Ha Ha Ha that was good for a laugh

Judging by the condition this thing is in, you need to pull all those liners, cut the counterbores, and shim the new liners up to proper height as Bengy stated.

Honestly if it were me I would scrap that whole damn block!!! God only knows what's been done to that thing and how much abuse it's taken, but that's just me.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-18-2023 )weissman379 Wrote:  Hey back with an update, I decided to take the cylinder head off to see what was going on cuz it seem to crank over with no compression just like a gasoline engine with no spark plugs. it turns out the pistons had no rings at all, none. I was blown away WOW! So much for getting a good deal. The place I bought it from claims they got it from another place that went belly up. And that place put new rod and main bearings, which it does have. So they ordered replacement parts for me, including headgasket. I'm going to pop the liners out and replace the seals since I'm there. Do I need to check liner protrusion before I pull them out? should I replace all the liner shims if the counter bores look good and within specs. thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like someone scammed someone. You need to give that thing back and ask for a refund A.S.A.P!>. Gawd only knows how many other parts that actually are present may be incorrect as well.

Could be that many of the other components thrown in there are something left over from other jobs, etc.. and have high chance they might not likely even made for that ser# engine either too then. Check the part#'s for all the components that you can see/get to. cam, crank, pistons, cylinder head, turbo, etc.etc.etc.

If someone threw a set of rod-/main bearings at it, were they OEM?. If not then they need to be thrown away!. - Were they the right part#'s? ... and by the way... that is just as scary too, even if they are OEM. - At this point at the very least, someone will also have to plasiguage all of the crank/rod bearings individually to ensure the engine did not come initially with any alt-size bearings off one of the lobes, then got accidentally thrown away and replaced with standard size. That is .. if the crank is even good.. or for the crank itself is the part# for that ser# engine.

Rings completely missing like that sounds to me more like a scam than anything else. That could have only been done on purpose!. - Someone throwing all their leftover parts into it to try to sell it .. scamming everyone.

If I suspected it was a scam ... I would be taking lots of pictures and finding me a lawyer real fast. How was it sold?... 'as is, said to be running?' .. 'as is, parts only?' .. 'working/running condition?' ... this does not matter if someone scammed you (or scammed the middle man). You could still sue all parties involved into oblivion + all sue for your your extra lost revenue, labor, grief, extra down time, + what you are out, if their intent was to scam someone out of their moneys. Belly-up or not.. people can be sued individually, and everything they have taken away..if not put in jail for scams like this, and for thousands of $$$.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I think he said he bought it at auction.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-18-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  I think he said he bought it at auction.

even at auction.. there was an advertized/expected condition that it was sold in, or expected to be, based on its offering.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.