Coolant shut off valve exists or not exists?
09-27-2023, (Subject: Coolant shut off valve exists or not exists? ) 
Coolant shut off valve exists or not exists?
Wondering if anyone has knowledge of location of coolant shutoff somewhere in a Pete 579, 2017? Id prefer not to drain the whole system to get at a small DEF hose, and clamps have not been quite up to the job in the past. The last truck I had was Volvo vol and had this arctic shutoff thing, was a breeze to close off.
replyreply
09-27-2023, (Subject: Coolant shut off valve exists or not exists? ) 
RE: Coolant shut off valve exists or not exists?
If they are installed, then they would be on the passenger side near the back of the engine somewhere... blocking off the hoses that feed the A/C heater cores.

Shutting them off will not effect the coolant flow to the DEF system... and if this was the case for the Volvo, then I could only assume someone installed them in the wrong place?. - does not make any sense.

Draining the coolant system.. and then re-filling it after the repairs are done.. and then pulling a hard vacuum on the system to remove all trapped air and prevent a distorted liner/engine failure, is the proper steps for doing coolant system work on most of the vehicle and engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.