ISX 11.9 Code 3232
10-10-2023, (Subject: ISX 11.9 Code 3232 ) 
ISX 11.9 Code 3232
2012 Kenworth with a ISX 11.9 CM2250

Have a constant code 3232 displaying (Inlet NOX Abnormal Update Rate). Truck came to my customer with no previous history, tested voltages and CAN hi/low at pigtail. All within spec so installed new sensor. (RX sensor from local dealer, no new ones in stock at time). Still have code displaying. Installed new pigtail hoping a weak contact on pins, still having fault code. Followed Quikserve trouble shooting and have tested the harness for hours trying to locate harness issue. No faults found. Updated ECM twice( already had latest calibration, but was hoping for software bug). Everything on the CAN wiring ohms out to proper specs. Resistor good, VGT good. Pulled ECM out and gave to local vendor for bench test- all they stated was ECM communicates properly. Inlet NOX fuse good, no faults in fuse box. Relay triggers and supplies voltage properly.

Can a faulty ECM pass a basic bench test and still not work properly in the truck, or am I missing something else in the harness?

ESN- 75007311
replyreply
RE: ISX 11.9 Code 3232
(10-10-2023 )TBird556 Wrote:  Pulled ECM out and gave to local vendor for bench test- all they stated was ECM communicates properly.

I'm very suspicious of this. I doubt they did much more than power it up. I'm not saying the ECM is your problem but I wouldn't rely on whatever they did to exclude it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-10-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  
(10-10-2023 )TBird556 Wrote:  Pulled ECM out and gave to local vendor for bench test- all they stated was ECM communicates properly.

I'm very suspicious of this. I doubt they did much more than power it up. I'm not saying the ECM is your problem but I wouldn't rely on whatever they did to exclude it.

That’s what I’m leaning towards, I’m not sure if there is different methods of ECM bench testing, but they didn’t really enlighten what/how they tested that.
replyreply
When you connect Insite software, what program does it say in the title bar is in the ECM?. 'CL10??.??'

The wrong program in the ecm due to some moron trying to 'up the hp' incorrectly will make for ghost error like this for sensors etc.

and has anyone bothered to ohm out the J1939 properly??.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid67656

Also, it can be the wrong part# for the replacement, or if it is an after-garbage component, then it might have the wrong J1939 address assigned to it. That is a possibility as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-11-2023, (Subject: ISX 11.9 Code 3232 ) 
What Rawze and tree said…… also before I condemn the ecm bad and after I checked the software to make sure it is a match to the esn i would load test the ground and power circuits with a low beam headlight bulb. Checking ohms and powers only work to an extent. There is a lot of us that have seen a wire ohm great but when you throw an actual load on it the problem arises, even those 300$ flukes that we love so much miss these issues.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
10-17-2023, (Subject: ISX 11.9 Code 3232 ) 
(10-10-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  When you connect Insite software, what program does it say in the title bar is in the ECM?. 'CL10??.??'

The wrong program in the ecm due to some moron trying to 'up the hp' incorrectly will make for ghost error like this for sensors etc.

and has anyone bothered to ohm out the J1939 properly??.

Also, it can be the wrong part# for the replacement, or if it is an after-garbage component, then it might have the wrong J1939 address assigned to it. That is a possibility as well.

CL10064.45 is what’s in the ECM, which is what the ESN requires. Have extensively tested the 1939 network, and power and ground to inlet NOX we hooked up a fog light and a backup alarm to confirm wires can carry a load even after good ohm testing.
Has anyone seen faulty Cummins RX inlet Nox sensors out of the box?
replyreply
10-17-2023, (Subject: ISX 11.9 Code 3232 ) 
(10-17-2023 )TBird556 Wrote:  ...
CL10064.45 is what’s in the ECM, which is what the ESN requires. Have extensively tested the 1939 network, and power and ground to inlet NOX we hooked up a fog light and a backup alarm to confirm wires can carry a load even after good ohm testing.
Has anyone seen faulty Cummins RX inlet Nox sensors out of the box?

power and ground is not the only check for the J1939. What is the resistance ???. here is how to check it...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.