CM 870 Overhaul Advise
10-12-2023, (Subject: CM 870 Overhaul Advise ) 
RE: CM 870 Overhaul Advise
(10-12-2023 )2dlb Wrote:  Hi Gents. I am in the process of rebuilding a 870.CPL 8519 was set at 475. Got a short block from Cummins, checked the protrusion as advised here and yup all over the map. Recut counterbores and all are at .014". Still waiting for a new head. If i'm not mistaken this is mid family and i know it was posted what the max this configuration could be set to but i cant find it. I was considering d blocking the egr. I know when we first got this in 2004 the thought was to unplug the egr and it would through the CEL and have no effect. i do remember reading about a ghost derate as well this thing ate a lot of turbos over the years from Cummins and from others, does the VGT require egt air to keep temps down? I was told in the 870 the egr only opened on deacceleration?? Any advice on cams and injectors would be appreciated
Thanks

For CM870 advice in particular, get with forum member 'running rough'. He has owned and rebuilt many of them over the years and is also familiar with programming, etc. on them specifically.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb

Messages In This Thread
CM 870 Overhaul Advise - 2dlb - 10-12-2023,
RE: CM 870 Overhaul Advise - Rawze - 10-12-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.