How often do you change water separator filter?
09-22-2016, (Subject: How often do you change water separator filter? ) 
RE: How often do you change water separator filter?
So power service the grey bottle?
replyreply
09-22-2016, (Subject: How often do you change water separator filter? ) 
Grey bottle in warm weather, white bottle in the winter.
Below 20 degrees I double dose it.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
09-23-2016, (Subject: How often do you change water separator filter? ) 
(09-21-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I changed my water separator filter about 15k miles ago and I don't see the diesel rising at all. I can't even see it past the black ring you tighten.I filled up with diesel half ways and when I started the truck it went down. Is there certain mileage you should start seeing the diesel rise? Do you change this filter every oil change or wait untill the diesel rises up to the black mark where it says 10 micron?

You say you have a 10-micron filter in it, that is a very good thing. For the life of me, I don't know why people put 50-micron filters in them, then wonder why their fuel system is always having algea and ashfaultine problems.

The davco filter should have the fuel level up on the filter element at all times. If it is BELOW the filter element, and down around the black gasket at the bottom -- the fuel is NOT going through the filter!. The filter is either bad, the davco unit is bad, or the filter was installed improperly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
A little video for ya'll davco users

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wx_iN3W2J...S4Aw%3D%3D
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver
Tnx mr overshot , I learned now the last recomended priming step that didn't know about....
I'll do it next time
replyreply
09-29-2016, (Subject: How often do you change water separator filter? ) 
Yeah, I didn't know about that either. I was just doing it the way I saw the oil change monkeys do it.

Oh, and my level was very low. And looked like sludge. Shop said it was due to injector o-rings. That's a pretty extensive job, but the truck was due for an overhead anyway. So we went ahead and did it. No more problems!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.