I'm in aftertreatment homeschool
10-17-2023, (Subject: I'm in aftertreatment homeschool ) 
RE: I'm in aftertreatment homeschool
I removed your picture/drawing. It is bad information and incorrect.

2012 ISX with SCR is a CM2250 model engine ...

Register your engine ser# on quickserv.com and you can get any drawings and part#'s for the engine and its aftertreatment systems. Its free.

As far as the rest of your post goes.. you were not very clear on what the issue is besides replacing a sensor that was bad.

Also, throw that garbage half-arssed reader in the trash and get an actual Inline-6 adapter off amazon or somewhere (about $300 bucks or less), and the Insite software (Insite can be had for free off the interwebs in the right places). This way you can properly troubleshoot it and do other needed tests to the engine/ aft-systems if necessary.

Some actual history on the truck/engine?.

The Actual cummins fault codes that keep coming up?

What does the regen history look like in Insite?. maybe a post screen shot of it?.

How much oil and/or coolant does the engine consume over time between oil changes?.

=============
BTW: there are 2 Doser injectors in the system. They are...

1#. The 'DPF Doser' (located right behind the turbocharger), and it sprays diesel fuel into the exhaust for rapidly heating the DPF element during a regen cycle.

2#. The 'DEF Doser' injector (located in the exhaust just before the SCR element) that sprays DEF fluid into the exhaust to help convert NOx gasses into CO2 gasses.
=========

When is the last time the DPF Doser injector ( the one right behind the turbo ) was cleaned or replaced?. By the way, if the Doser injector pipe behind the turbo does not want to come loose after removing its clamps like you mentioned, .. then smack it with a 3-lb hammer. The joint for it is just rusted together is all... and NO, it is NOT the DEF doser like your bad drawing suggested,.. that one is the DPF Doser.

- The DEF Doser by the way, is down under the truck, located in the decomp tube between the DPF element and the SCR element. And that decomp tube is known for getting a 'Volcano' built up in it if that DEF doser is leaking. Something else to check for while you are at it >ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

When is the last time an actual and thorough EGR tune-up was done?... replacing the IMAP sensor, Exhaust pressure sensor (and cleaning its circuit out), The EGR Delta-P sensor (and its circuit), the EGR valve checked/cleaned and all the EGR piping cleaned out thoroughly?... - THE DPF does not make the excess soot... THE ENGINE DOES!.

When was the last time the DPF element and the DOC element were removed and taken to be properly baked, de-ashed, flow testes etc. as a stealers$hit?. This is due about every 3-4 years max for these engine, as the engine itself, and its regen process, is unable to fully clean the elements properly on its own very well any ways. .. and do you have pictures of their faced when they came off?.

Post pictures of the faces of the DOC and DPF whenever you remove them to get some opinions on how bad that have actually gotten and what kinds of buildup might be on their faces... so that the source of the issues can be identified.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy , Punchy

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm in aftertreatment homeschool - Rawze - 10-17-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.