Exhaust manifold gasket leaky
10-23-2023, (Subject: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky
After entering the ESN on quickserve, I'm presented with the option to buy operation and owner's manuals. The registration is free as several of you wrote. However, the repair/maintenance procedures for such things as the gasket replacement I'm about to dig into, I'm not sure which of these manuals I need to purchase. What am I looking for here?

User's Signature: If there's anything I like better than honey and ketchup, it's baloney and whipped cream, and we haven't got any.
replyreply
(10-23-2023 )Punchy Wrote:  After entering the ESN on quickserve, I'm presented with the option to buy operation and owner's manuals. The registration is free as several of you wrote. However, the repair/maintenance procedures for such things as the gasket replacement I'm about to dig into, I'm not sure which of these manuals I need to purchase. What am I looking for here?

all procedures and parts lookups are free on quickserv. you are not looking in the right places.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
After you type in your esn click service and you should see a hyper link that has your engine model and says service manuals, click that and scroll down to exhaust manifold and the procedure is there.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Punchy
(10-23-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-23-2023 )Punchy Wrote:  After entering the ESN on quickserve, I'm presented with the option to buy operation and owner's manuals. The registration is free as several of you wrote. However, the repair/maintenance procedures for such things as the gasket replacement I'm about to dig into, I'm not sure which of these manuals I need to purchase. What am I looking for here?

all procedures and parts lookups are free on quickserv. you are not looking in the right places.

Yeah... that's why I asked what I asked. Appreciate it.

User's Signature: If there's anything I like better than honey and ketchup, it's baloney and whipped cream, and we haven't got any.
replyreply
10-26-2023, (Subject: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky ) 
Long story short, none of the bolts broke. New ones are in (not tightened, I'm aware of the precise specs, but they're just at the threshold), and will reassemble everything after I get a nap here. The new torque wrench is freshly unboxed and ready.

I followed a few of you who suggested I thin-layer antiseize the gaskets and bolts, even though everything came off relatively easy. Might help, if there is a next time.

I did underestimate the heavy awkwardness of positioning the manifold back in place, alone. Will definitely get a helper next time to push the bolts through the gaskets into place, as I hold the manifold up, or vice versa.

Just out of curiosity, I called a truck and trailer shop down the road for an estimate on this job. They quoted me eight hours at $1,900+... that is, if everything went well, no broken bolts or such. Sound accurate? Or is this a 2023 special?

I'll post more pics and/or short vids as I collect files from the mobile device. Including when it's back together and I could rightly judge this complete. Thanks for the multiple heads-up on several things.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
10-27-2023, (Subject: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky ) 
This would be a good time to an internal cleaning on the egr cooler.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Make sure to retorque those manifold bolts after a couple days of running the engine.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
as far as installing the manifold yourself. Here is how i do it...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Interesting thing I see on this busted gasket between the turbo and the pipe section with the DPF doser and NOx sensor. I didn't notice until a passersby pointed it out. The broken part that looks like a donut with a bite in it. There is actually a guide hole that lines up with the pipe section. (Red arrow) A small bump is there in the pipe that'll go through the gaskets hole. I didn't see that because the "donut bite" is there widening the guide hole. You see the new bump I made when I removed the pipe previously and reinstalled (Yellow arrow).

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.