Pyro outside manifold
10-19-2023, (Subject: Pyro outside manifold ) 
Pyro outside manifold
I bought a truck with 2250 a few weeks ago. It was deleted before I got it by the previous owner. Not sure who did the delete but I could tell it was garbage.
About 15,000 miles before I bought it...he had a new longblock put in.
Had the tune replaced but there was also no pyro installed when the delete was done.
So I installed one and places the sensor on the outside of the manifold for now.
How much should a person add to the displayed reading to get in the ballpark of what the reading would be if it was installed inside the manifold?
Right now...bobtailing at 65mph...it's reading 360F
replyreply
10-19-2023, (Subject: Pyro outside manifold ) 
RE: Pyro outside manifold
Putting the EGT probe on the outside of the manifold shows you overall heat buildup, and not EGT's themselves. Great for helping to save fuel mileage by keeping heat buildup down ... or to monitor it on heavy haul applications to see if the turbo is getting too hot.

Next: you need to copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did in there, if it was not done by one of the couple people on here that I can officially recommend.

And even then, if you think you need to question it.. you can always have them send me a copy of what they did.. or send it to me yourself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , Mrkentee , barf

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.