CM876 Advise
10-25-2023, (Subject: CM876 Advise ) 
CM876 Advise
I am currently fighting tons of DOC issues on a certain truck. constantly running into conversion efficiency issues, no matter regen, pulling the filter off, and cleaning, quickly during a week of starts to become clogged. the engine had an inframe done by another shop, which wasn't great from what I have seen, I ended up running overhead again myself and adjusting injectors and so on. truck has a new diff pressure sensor, new get sensors, new 7th injector, and so on. In the Process of Demandating as a last-ditch effort using Calterm 4.7 and insite 8.7. I would like to DM someone familiar with what I am asking. i have a good grasp of calterm and insite. i would rather dm to go into more details.
replyreply
RE: CM876 Advise
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

There is some info here that may help ya

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
I sent you a pm and I will definitely help you…. But runnin rough is going to be your best bet for this one. These engines have an ecm like the 870s have and not many people can do them properly. Also if this is in an international product do yourself a favor and invest in a rom boot harness unless you are shipping the ecm. Sometimes we get away with flashing after the abs fuse and instrument cluster is unplugged but international trucks had very shitty data links and the ecm will almost always rom boot. I actually had a cm870 ism brick last week and with insite, calterm, and kess using a rom boot harness on all 3, a nexiq2, nexiq3, in-line 6, and Ktag have not been able to recover it. All because it failed flash halfway through because of the shitty communication.

Just a warning trying to help

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
10-27-2023, (Subject: CM876 Advise ) 
(10-25-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  ....I actually had a cm870 ism brick last week and with insite, calterm, and kess using a rom boot harness on all 3, a nexiq2, nexiq3, in-line 6, and Ktag have not been able to recover it. All because it failed flash halfway through because of the shitty communication.

Just a warning trying to help

this may help..
Rawze Wrote:Assuming that you do not have a flaky/bad ecm for the moment, and that it simply will not communicate at all... Then you will have to remove it from the vehicle and hook it up to an official rom-boot harness, and use the button that comes with the harness to force it into rom-boot mode.

According to the cummins paperwork that came with my official harness ... You hold said button in BEFORE YOU POWER UP THE ECM.. and then power up the ecm, holding the button about 5-7 seconds longer while ecm initially powers up, then release the button and it will be in rom-boot mode.

If you simply power up the ecm first, without holding the button in before powering it up, then it will not have any effect.

- If it will not forcibly rom-boot using the proper methods, then it is simply the ecm going bad. The ROM 'Read-Only Memory' boot code itself cannot be edited once it is flashed, and is permanent... not part of any engine program that gets installed or edited.
mentioned in this post: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid77423

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.