Help! Cm2250 started boosting 40+ psi
11-04-2023, (Subject: Help! Cm2250 started boosting 40+ psi ) 
Help! Cm2250 started boosting 40+ psi
Hello, i have a 2013 Pete 389 with a cm2250 with all mandates still intact. The other day i noticed it was showing 40-42psi on the boost gauge. I haven’t changed or modded anything at all before this happened. Any suggestions on things to check or look for? Is this a tell tale sign for any particular part failure or something wearing out? Thank you in advance!
replyreply
RE: Help! Cm2250 started boosting 40+ psi
Has the check engine light come on at all?

Could be a problem with the gauge or its sensor, have you hooked up to it with insite and confirmed the gauge is reading correctly?

Until you figure it out, don't let it boost that high.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Biltpeter
Check exaust back pressure sensor and wiring going to it, they are located passenger side on thermostat housing, also check imap sensor located on intake manifold
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Biltpeter
And do a full EGR tune-up on while you are at it.

Rawze Wrote:Diesel engines produce a lot of soot and the entire EGR and intake system attached to them slowly build up with it. This soot buildup gets in all the piping and sensors and it is known as "EGR congestive failure". That congestion is the most common cause of repeating emissions system and DPF woes that most drivers face. Sometimes the entire intake and EGR system needs to be removed and cleaned out. It is this same overlooked maintenance that makes your fuel economy slowly drop over time, costing you thousands and thousands of dollars in extra fuel making your engine and truck less and less profitable. As a truck owner, learning to service, change or clean emissions system sensors and components will in fact save you tens of thousands of dollars and keep you going where others struggle and fail.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid23991

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy , Biltpeter
11-05-2023, (Subject: Help! Cm2250 started boosting 40+ psi ) 
(11-04-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Has the check engine light come on at all?

Could be a problem with the gauge or its sensor, have you hooked up to it with insite and confirmed the gauge is reading correctly?

Until you figure it out, don't let it boost that high.

No check engine light
I did a data log with insight and got 86.1inhg or 42.288 PSI so unfortunately the gauge is reading correctly..
I will not be driving it until i get this resolved.
thank you for your input and suggestions!!
replyreply
11-05-2023, (Subject: Help! Cm2250 started boosting 40+ psi ) 
(11-04-2023 )Running rough Wrote:  Check exaust back pressure sensor and wiring going to it, they are located passenger side on thermostat housing, also check imap sensor located on intake manifold

I will check those sensors out.
thank you!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.