CM870 Boost issues
11-06-2023, (Subject: CM870 Boost issues ) 
RE: CM870 Boost issues
(11-05-2023 )Hemiterry Wrote:  Yea I’m officially done with online parts. This thing looks legit but I know they’re really good at making fakes these days. I’m gonna look the truck over one more time in the morning and unless I find a problem I guess I’ll call and get one from Cummins. My truck doesn’t have any kind of filter in line before the controller and I was thinking of adding one to eliminate any contaminates that could possibly damage it.

some trucks did have a screen filter in the air line before the controller. They were also known to clog up and make problems.. so if you install one, make sure you service it regularly.

Also if your engine fan is leaking while engaged (or other air circuits) it can cause the turbo controller to act up. - Start up the truck, let it build air all the way up until the dryer blows off (above 120-psi) and shut key off, but turn key back on as soon as engine stops turning to keep everything alive, then jump out to find any air leaks that are only occurring with key on and air above 120-psi.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM870 Boost issues - Hemiterry - 11-04-2023,
RE: CM870 Boost issues - Rawze - 11-05-2023,
RE: CM870 Boost issues - Rawze - 11-06-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.