VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13
12-08-2023, (Subject: VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13 ) 
VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13
Hello all,

Getting three actuator codes on my other paccar mx13 epa13, data erratic-slow or no movement and incorrect position. This is causing severe derate (egr shutdown). Ive ran through the diagnostic steps as best i could without having access to Davie4. Is there anyone out there that could help me that has davie4? Possible connect remotely to do the specific tests that davie4 offers related to the VGT? My next step was to just replace the actuator, just want to make sure in case it is turbocharger related. Ive heard the paccar turbos rarely fail but I dont want to run the risk of getting a new VGT actuator then having it all fail.

Thanks!
replyreply
12-08-2023, (Subject: VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13 ) 
RE: VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13
this may help...

and this...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-11-2023, (Subject: VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13 ) 
think the vgt actuator is bad, you need insite to make simple hysterisis test to see if it passes, when i had no pass mostly it was stuck vgt motor inside, unplug connector and connect again with key on and see if it selfchecks, ive replaced a few with miles between 100-200k on local trucks with heavy idling, if you want to remove actuator you need insite but should know this from mentioned movies already, part is not cheap around 1800 but with software you can check it quickly, at place i work it is very common problem for L9 cm2350 paccar, dont know why but we replace a lot of actuators if you compare to number of serviced trucks, hope this helps

edit you have mx13 i thought about px9

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
12-12-2023, (Subject: VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13 ) 
That turbo and actuator looks completely neglected.

Not only that but how did it get so rusty and nasty under the gasket like that?.

It is no wonder it failed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-14-2023, (Subject: VGT actuator faults paccar mx13 epa13 ) 
Thank you all this helped, removed actuator, noticed that turbo was sticking, managed to free it. Opened exhaust side and cleaned up well, no play or damage otherwise. Did actuator test passed. Assembled, no more derate. Mine was rusty like that as well, cleaned it up. Canadian weather i tell ya, they use the liquid brine stuff over here it eats away at everything, i wash weekly and it still rusts everything in sight. Thanks guys, lots of drivers love to idle low i hate it and definitely is the cause of the carbon buildup.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.