Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!!
11-16-2023, (Subject: Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!! ) 
RE: Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!!
We'll cut to the facts. It is an option, I don't recommend it, it doesn't always work and it never works long term.

Most aftermarket tooling for injector cups requires the head to be remove, it is fairly simple to build attachments or build off of supplied tools to be able to leave to head on the engine, Paccar would be easier to build these tools. Regardless the cups need to be tapped and then pulled out, there is always a fair chance that metal shavings will be introduced into the cylinder and/or into the fuel return passage. Using grease, vacuum, etc. does not negate the risk completely at all. These engines already have an extremely temperamental fuel system. There is a fair amount of risk with said route.

It will take longer then 6 hours, you will have more parts needed then just cups. Injector O-rings and seals, gaskets, lines (some are deemed single use depending on location and if they need to come off. The wiring at 800k under the head will be very brittle, plastic tray and covers break sending bits everywhere mostly around the pushrod cavities. Jake wiring covers like to break and fall in as well With rocker assemblies removed it'll need a valve set, even with everything kept in the same location itll have moved.

I would double the labor and add 1k in parts to get you closer to the cost of trying this if its done as it should be. Unless the plan is to do the cups and let it sit overnight to be pressure testing after the retaining compound has set up, and then finishing is extra. A Cummins (the easiest injectors to remove) in say a long nose Pete with the tooling I've built so I can use a hydraulic ram to pull cups out, to do in 6 hours is flat out hustling. And again although doable is 100% not recommended.

Also certain brands of cups will have different properties, one popular brand is a hard material and does not flare properly when rolled which causes O-ring failure in a short time. You can save money now but you'll be here again.

Ultimately its your engine which ever way you go, these are just the facts with cups. When someone here says don't do it, it's usually because we've seen it go wrong and cost exponentially more in the end.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!! - Colter - 11-16-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.