Cummins Insite
09-22-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite ) 
Cummins Insite
I'm not sure how to word this but.... When I go into Insite does it "void" anything with Cummins? My motor is out of warranty but will they refuse to work on it or something because it was not them working on it? I just need to change a few things (hot exhaust light) but I don't need to mess things up to where they refuse to work on it.
Thanks Hank
replyreply
RE: Cummins Insite
Insite is the program they use. As long as you don't do the delete I'm sure they don't mind
replyreply
(09-22-2016 )HankAz Wrote:  I'm not sure how to word this but.... When I go into Insite does it "void" anything with Cummins? My motor is out of warranty but will they refuse to work on it or something because it was not them working on it? I just need to change a few things (hot exhaust light) but I don't need to mess things up to where they refuse to work on it.
Thanks Hank

Dude, you need to seriously cut that ambilical cord of infinite wallet drain. Educate and Work on the it yourself. I haven't found a single OEM shop I would trust to hold a screwdriver while my ignorant cousin worked on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That's what I'm trying to do thanks to your forum. Just taking baby steps. I run all 48 and can't carry a tool box with me so I know eventually I'll still have to go to them. I can't thank you enough Rawze.
Thanks everyone.
Hank
replyreply
(09-22-2016 )HankAz Wrote:  That's what I'm trying to do thanks to your forum. Just taking baby steps. I run all 48 and can't carry a tool box with me so I know eventually I'll still have to go to them. I can't thank you enough Rawze.
Thanks everyone.
Hank

Go to harbor freight and pick up a toolkit like this. It's more than enough for 90% of roadside repairs.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201609/post_1854_1474596512_507d9d6993f7d1e04cc9a4e5ada279d8.jpg
replyreply
09-23-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite ) 
(09-22-2016 )HankAz Wrote:  ...
I know eventually I'll still have to go to them

There is about a hundred members on here that don't "go to them" any more, and wouldn't be caught dead letting some OEM shop do repairs while they gouged them to death in costs. I don't blame them at all.

My truck has a million miles on it, my wife and her son drive my truck now, they go 48 states, and neither of them really do repairs on the road. I STILL would not let them "go to them" as you would say. I would drive 3,000 miles to rescue my truck if I had to, or get it flat-bedded here before I would let that happen. I have even driven it from Los-angeles to atlanta, bobtail, on a popped turbo before. Even had her drive it for a week on the APU alternator because the main alternator failed. -- If there is any way possible to do the absolute minimum to the truck to get it here for repairs, I will find a non-oem shop near them to do so just to get it limped home.

More importantly though,.. I do VERY THOROUGH inspections and replace things as they wear before they put me down. This prevents the bulk of any kind of problems you will ever have.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-25-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite ) 
(09-22-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Dude, you need to seriously cut that ambilical cord of infinite wallet drain. Educate and Work on the it yourself. I haven't found a single OEM shop I would trust to hold a screwdriver while my ignorant cousin worked on it.

Great, I just snorted my morning coffee all over the inside of my windshield
Thanks for the laugh Rawze.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman
Skip the harbor freight thing. Busted many knuckles from their Junk. If you are going to be serious about your income then invest in quality tools and that my friend does not include Harbor Freight. Think of it this way: You are saving thousands in cost so what is a few hundred in tools.
replyreply
(09-25-2016 )donaldray Wrote:  Skip the harbor freight thing. Busted many knuckles from their Junk. If you are going to be serious about your income then invest in quality tools and that my friend does not include Harbor Freight. Think of it this way: You are saving thousands in cost so what is a few hundred in tools.

Home Depot has Husky tool sets
Lowes has Kobalt tool sets

Both would be a step up in quality + price than Harbor Freight.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.