Brake switch '13 Pete 367H
11-24-2023, (Subject: Brake switch '13 Pete 367H ) 
Brake switch '13 Pete 367H
Hey guys, been a while since I've posted. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Back to the grind here.

Have a Pete 367H, with cruise in-op and derate/Level 3 soot load. Fixed the issues of the derate and the truck not regenerating. I was going thru Insite trying to do a parked regen of the truck when I was done, and noticed in the Datalogger for the AFT system, that it was saying the brake pedal is constantly depressed. I took the pedal off, cleaned everything up, cleaned the crud out of the floor plunger for the foot valve, and replaced the brake switch, ensured no air coming through the brake application line tripping the switch. Is there another brake pedal switch somewhere in the truck that I'm over-looking? I can't find anything else anywhere that I can think of to look.

I turned off the service brake switch in Insite and confirmed it's my cruise in-op issue, and was able to regen the truck. I re-enabled the switch for safety concerns. Now I'm stuck here with something telling the ECM/CECU/ABS computers that the brake is depressed 24/7. The brake lights and everything are all working correctly, brake air system/pedal/foot valve all free and working correctly, I'm just lost at this point.

Any suggestions?

TIA
replyreply
11-24-2023, (Subject: Brake switch '13 Pete 367H ) 
RE: Brake switch '13 Pete 367H
It could also be the address that the brake switch is assigned to in the ecm is incorrect. - If it is assigned the incorrect (pin/network) address then this can be the issue.

Has the ecm software been recently updated by someone?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15
11-27-2023, (Subject: Brake switch '13 Pete 367H ) 
Not to my knowledge, it's "intact" as in not de-mandated. We bought it a few months ago and we ourselves have not reflashed it. I was considering flashing it with an updated version of the calibration but I don't have the means to repack the Cal from the new Insite versions to 7.6. Might have to swing it thru the stealership and have it done.
replyreply
11-27-2023, (Subject: Brake switch '13 Pete 367H ) 
(11-27-2023 )NDISX15 Wrote:  Not to my knowledge, it's "intact" as in not de-mandated. We bought it a few months ago and we ourselves have not reflashed it. I was considering flashing it with an updated version of the calibration but I don't have the means to repack the Cal from the new Insite versions to 7.6. Might have to swing it thru the stealership and have it done.

vehicle brake pedal switch address has nothing to do with a de-mandate. was it working when you got the vehicle?... it could have been set wrong at some point in its past, or maybe last time the program was updates by a stealers$it.

just something to consider, as it is a fairly common issue to have the address wrong after a software update, etc. may or may not be your issue, but is highly suspect if you have eliminated all the other stuffs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15
11-28-2023, (Subject: Brake switch '13 Pete 367H ) 
The cruise hasn't worked at all since we bought the truck, as far as I know it was in-op prior to buying it as well. I have pretty much no history on the truck at all. The only reason I knew the brake pedal was constantly being depressed according to the ECM was from trying to do a forced regen after repairing a faulty back pressure sensor and seeing it on the data logger/Insite blocking the Regen request. The brake lights work correctly, brake/foot valve works correctly.....a flash may be what's needed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.