Isx cm870
11-25-2023, (Subject: Isx cm870 ) 
Isx cm870
I replaced an air leveling valve an noticed soot in air lines, I assume this is from the intake, the egr dumps in intake horn before the compressor inlet, I remember putting an elbow in the intake on my cm871 a few years back, do they have this for the 870, looked on quickserve but didn’t see any thing in parts picture

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply
RE: Isx cm870
you need to absolutely keep soot out of the air compressor and air system.

I have seen a lot of guys block-plate the connection at the manifold and use a separate pipe / adapter for a motorcycle/lawn mower air filter on the air compressor intake to stop it.

You need to also check your air tanks to ensure so much soot has not build up in them that they hold less volume of air. That is a known issue as a result of soot getting in the sir system too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
Ok thanks, but wondering if there is a part no. For the elbow that goes inside of that air horn to go past the EGR fitting where it gets dumped in at

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply
On an 870 it's very easy to convert to the compressor to naturally aspirated. Remove the air compressor intake and block the port with a threaded plug or cut the tube off and put a quarter in the nut and thread it back on.
Then take your silicone tube go to your local auto parts store and get a crankcase breather filter and replace yearly. By doing this you're solving the soot problem and charge air pressure won't be getting in the crankcase depending on the compressors condition.. Only side effect is the compressor will be noisy..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , skunky , Rawze
11-26-2023, (Subject: Isx cm870 ) 
(11-25-2023 )marek4792 Wrote:  Only side effect is the compressor will be noisy..

Wait, your saying the compressor on an ISX ISN'T normally noisy?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , marek4792

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.