Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
11-30-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
Started having IVA code on my 2004 BXS C-15 they are both flash codes 94
IVA #5 low / not responding. Did the VVA test on cat ET showing #5 not ok (open). Cat part is backordered x12,000 units(if its the solenoid) harness/pig tail I have 2 of but thinking the issue is the solenoid. Problem is truck derates and it pulls heavy doubles. Any luck with files for disabling the IVAs on a BXS? Truck is rated at 472HP since new, not looking to change this. Just need to continue working, please let me know if anyone can help with this, without any issues, I dont mind ordering the part and waiting once it arrives to replace and reconnect. But time is not on my side and I need the truck for tomorrow, this issue just arose.

Thanks
replyreply
RE: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues
the iva system changes the compression ratio of the engine significantly. If the iva valves are disabled (left closed) then it will run 19:1 compression ration all the time. The engine was not designed for that ... and if it boosts to more than about 32- 33 psi or so with 19:1 compression ratio (iva valves closed), then it will cause significant damage to the engine.

I.E..> It is not a simple matter of just 'bypassing' them and driving it. Engine damage will occur unless a whole lot of other things (like significantly lowering the intake boost pressure, lowering the injection timing for the higher compression ratio, etc.etc.) has to happen to go with it.

There are also a whole lot of complete morons out there that would tell you all kinds of other things related to this, who hack those yellow engines into utter redneck oblivion .. so beware.

=========

Find the right replacement parts.. keep the engine running as intended.. and don't go down that road of eventual engine destruction/ engine butchering. It will cost you a lot more in the end.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
You don't want to eliminate the IVA's. I'm not real familiar with that system but here's some related info.

https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...7#pid70647

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Someone has done his research lol. I don’t agree with getting rid of Iva or twins on a cat either. There are definitely some hard parts that need to be changed if you want to go down that road. I may actually have one of those engines at the shop that may or may not still have the parts you need in it. Shoot me some contact info and I’ll look in the AM.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
Them having a back order that large is kind of suspicious. They might not make new ones and only have remans. Curiosity will make me check it out tomorrow.

As far as getting rid of them. I'm with everyone else above about keeping them unless you plan on changing out pistons.
replyreply
Thanks for the info, I’m pretty sure those 12,000 units are reman, they have no ETA either.
As far as running it with that one IVA not working, should I be worried about that?
replyreply
12-01-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
If you keep running it like that you'll have a major problem on that cylinder. Cracked head, damaged valve/seat, cracked piston, it won't be pretty.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12-01-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
Not sure if it is the exact part number because of no ESN but I came up with a part number 10r7302 which Cat does seem to be out of BUT my local Peterbilt dealership has at least 2 of them in stock in their stores.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nerv
12-02-2023, (Subject: Cat c15 BXS IVA issues ) 
(12-01-2023 )windowrattler Wrote:  Not sure if it is the exact part number because of no ESN but I came up with a part number 10r7302 which Cat does seem to be out of BUT my local Peterbilt dealership has at least 2 of them in stock in their stores.

Thanks, called all my local dealers and kenworth canada had only one kit, its getting shipped by air should have it by Monday. And as far as if its the wiring I have the plugs so hopefully i get it solved.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.