Brakes Out of Adjustment
09-23-2016, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
Brakes Out of Adjustment
In this Thermal Image after a test drive, you can see the differences in temperature caused by Brakes Out of Adjustment and tire inflation differences.
./uploads/201609/post_2010_1474680446_e653cef78de870673b18695ba4da406f.jpg./uploads/201609/post_2010_1474680622_a52ead5465fe13e00861b9e995a0f6c4.jpg

you can also see the tires are not inflated evenly. Good reason to investin some cat-eye or cross-fires.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900 , Brock , Waterloo
RE: Brakes Out of Adjustment
Impressive. Some of the D.O.T. scale-houses have the same technology and can see that too.

You can also see his tires are not very well matched, and that they are under and over inflated as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-23-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Impressive. Some of the D.O.T. scale-houses have the same technology and can see that too.

You can also see his tires are not very well matched, and that they are under and over inflated as well.

I know Virginia has them. Thermal imaging has other functions too. If your looking for an oil leak you can find it by running the engine and setting it right. It will look like lava dripping from the block....lol. Same with coolant too. I would guess it would be good at checking hub bearings on the trailer. Heck....I just talked myself into buying one!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , BobsYourUncle
10-04-2016, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
All Alberta scales have them.
replyreply
02-22-2017, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
(09-23-2016 )Vin Wrote:  In this Thermal Image after a test drive, you can see the differences in temperature caused by Brakes Out of Adjustment.

you can also see the tires are not inflated evenly. Good reason to investin some cat-eye or cross-fires.

What thermal camera is this or what brand is go to get
replyreply
02-22-2017, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
(02-22-2017 )gatow900 Wrote:  
(09-23-2016 )Vin Wrote:  In this Thermal Image after a test drive, you can see the differences in temperature caused by Brakes Out of Adjustment.

What thermal camera is this or what brand is go to get

I have this Thermapp/Opgal unit. They are out of Israel and make them for Israeli army troops too. Very tough and nice resolution and go to very high temps compared to Flir. Nothing from flir in usa is going to beat the price of this thing for the quality you get. i looked for a month or so before buying one.
Not trying to advertize for them, just is my own experience. I got a chance to compare to flir one for $250 and i am glad i spent the extra for this one.
https://therm-app.com/therm-app/

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: scottydogtruck , mmssvv , gatow900 , Texasdude74 , Waterloo , morrison8 , Hammerhead , hhow55 , Roysbigtoys , Kid Rock , BobsYourUncle
07-27-2017, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
That's a good idea! I've got an old set of thermals lying around I can use for this purpose!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
07-28-2017, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
(02-22-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  I have this Thermapp/Opgal unit. They are out of Israel and make them for Israeli army troops too. Very tough and nice resolution and go to very high temps compared to Flir. Nothing from flir in usa is going to beat the price of this thing for the quality you get. i looked for a month or so before buying one.
Not trying to advertize for them, just is my own experience. I got a chance to compare to flir one for $250 and i am glad i spent the extra for this one.
https://therm-app.com/therm-app/

Do you use it tethered to your phone Rawze?
Or do you have a specific device for use just with the Thermapp?
I remember looking at them when you posted your review a while back, but for some reason I never asked...Are they compatible with an iPhone or iPad do you know?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
07-28-2017, (Subject: Brakes Out of Adjustment ) 
(07-28-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Do you use it tethered to your phone Rawze?
Or do you have a specific device for use just with the Thermapp?
I remember looking at them when you posted your review a while back, but for some reason I never asked...Are they compatible with an iPhone or iPad do you know?

I use it with my android phone.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , DosGatos

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.