2022 X15 Constant Regen
12-23-2023, (Subject: 2022 X15 Constant Regen ) 
RE: 2022 X15 Constant Regen
(12-23-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Why was the egr cooler replaced? Was it leaking coolant internally? If so there could be damage to the dpf from all the coolant that went through it.

And speaking of that, who determined the egr cooler was bad? And also how did they determine it ? The dealers love to blame those for failing but honestly they are tough as nails these days.

If your using coolant (even a small amount) but you can't find the leak, it could be something like a bad injector cup leaking into the combustion chamber and getting burned. This will cause excessive regens and damage to the dpf. And if the source of the coolant wasn't a bad egr cooler then your still burning it and that's a problem.

If nobody bothered to check the dpf after the egr cooler was replaced then that's what needs to happen. I don't care what the differential pressure is. You need to actually remove the dpf and post pictures of the face on here.

And on a side note, you mentioned a warranty..... the next time I buy a new truck I'm going to tell the salesman I don't want any warranty whatsoever in exchange for a discount of some sort on the truck. That's how much faith I put in those useless warranties, they are a false sense of security and a good way to cost you a LOT more money in down time and bad repairs that either need to be re done or will contribute to shortened engine life due to the jackassery of these undertrained dealer idiots who worked at Walmart last week and this week are inframing your engine!!..... End of rant

just to add to this epic rant let us know why egr was replaced if coolant went threw combustion the inlet nox senor right after the turbo will need to be cleaned that pipe from after the diesel doser to the doc will have to be removed and the doc checked, it make need a face cleaning or its restricted then the dpf needs to be inspected as well. the differential pressure sensors all have upgraded larger tubing now you dont see alot of them plugging anymore. if the inlet nox in is not reading right because of contamination it will throw off the whole system.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 X15 Constant Regen - PolishHammer - 12-23-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.