DDEC X DD15 625 FMI 14
01-02-2024, (Subject: DDEC X DD15 625 FMI 14 ) 
RE: DDEC X DD15 625 FMI 14
I found one of my 1939 terminating resistors had been cut out and some qual comm (?) cable had been installed at the location under the center of the dash. Its not in use anymore so I cut it out and installed a 120 ohm resistor and got my 60 ohms back at the DLC but still no good. Got no gauges and no throttle. Also when i turn the key it takes a couple seconds of holding the switch to start to get it to crank. Looking at my scanner data I see the ECT is running at 32 degrees but its 68 degrees in the shop. Also the OPS is out of range. The APP does change with the pedal pushed down and the IVS changes too. The cruise switch status changes when I push the buttons. Still setting the 625 fmi 14.
replyreply
Also I checked voltage from pin A to pin C 2.45v, spec says 2.6v. Pin A to pin D is 2.15v, spec says 2.3v. Enough of a difference to make a difference? My battery voltage was a little low so I put the charger on it battery voltage at 13.2v didnt change my readings.

this seems link the can high and low are backwards ? i have had this happen on heavy equipment when termination blocks were bad or people didnt plug the right plugins together causing a back feed.

your can source should be checked right out of the ecm high should be 2.6 low 2.4 or really close
replyreply
UPDATE: The terminating resistor I installed wasnt making good contact. After securing it better the dash works, the throttle works and the code is gone too. I have not driven it yet but this is the best condition its been in since its been in our shop. Thanks for the help guys!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.