Tools
09-25-2016, (Subject: Tools ) 
Batteries
One reason for the battery life giving out quickly at least on the Dewalts is I notice that when buying a combo pack versus individual cordless tools is that the reason for such a steep discount on prices is the battery size. Individually they are 3.0Ah; whereas, in the pack they are much smaller. So, be sure you are using a larger battery size.
replyreply
RE: Tools
I looked at that, the ones with that impact I posted a link to are the 5 amp version. The comment section there at Amazon raves about the battery life. I know the new Dewalt Grease Gun I have has been outstanding on the battery life. Yet to have to recharge batteries, and I use it quite a bit, been a couple of months now and over a half a case of grease. Oh, I use it on other things than just the truck ;-)
replyreply
Waterloo, you forgot the torch. Put some heat on those bolts before you try to break them loose.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(09-25-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Waterloo, you forgot the torch. Put some heat on those bolts before you try to break them loose.

Honestly, the truck is very clean. If this was a rust bucket I would invest in a torch... That little impact that mechanic used on my shocks knocked those nuts off in a matter of a second. It was more a fact of me not having the proper tools to do the job than anything else. My little Kobolt tool kit can only go so far, but I am slowly fixing that. ;-)
replyreply
Heads up. There is 0 difference between a 18v and a 20v drill. Both put out 18v
replyreply
(09-25-2016 )Kevin7898 Wrote:  Heads up. There is 0 difference between a 18v and a 20v drill. Both put out 18v

That is correct: Here is quote from http://www.protoolreviews.com/news/20v-m...er/17024/:
Each battery cell has a nominal voltage of 3.6 volts and a maximum voltage of just over 4 volts.

3.6 volts (nominal) x 5 cells = 18 volts

4 volts (maximum) x 5 cells = 20 volts

That’s it. That’s the entire difference in 18V vs 20V Max batteries. It’s only a matter of whether the company is using nominal voltage or maximum voltage as their rating.
replyreply
09-26-2016, (Subject: Tools ) 
OK, So I got Nileo to try to use the heavy duty 1/2 Dewalt cordless impact 20v gun I have here that belongs to Vin to tighten some of the main bearing caps yesterday out of curiosity. It will only turn them just a bit past 140 degrees (about 350 ft-lbs or so). This was with a fresh battery. They are supposed to be turned 180 degrees, upwards of close to 500 ft-lbs.

Just throwing that out there for reference.

BTW: thanks again for the donation. It is much appreciated.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Can anybody give a comparison between Snap On and IR 3/4" air impacts? I've seen countless Snap Ons that can barely make the torque-turn on ISX head and main bolts.
replyreply
im not saying an electric gun will take the place of an air gun,you need a 3/4 air gun at the minimum to do wheels,yoke nuts ect, but there is lots of things that you break loose with a wrench and the small electric gun makes it easy to spin the nut off past the dirt and is easy to get into tight places using flexible drives.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.