CM871 Oil sample help
01-31-2024, (Subject: CM871 Oil sample help ) 
RE: CM871 Oil sample help
(01-31-2024 )MSPOIRIER Wrote:  
(01-31-2024 )Aussie Steve Wrote:  I've just reread your initial post. Plain bearings can and will make the squaking noise you talk of if they are seizing. maybe your engine has spun a white metal bearing in a timing gear?

Thank you for looking so in depth at this and giving a good response. I think Front cover gears is the only other thing I can think of. I am going to look into quickserve and see what the procedure looks like. I was assured at the dealer that any problems with the gears and it would be more noticeable but I'm not sure either way. As for silicon, it will be a constant battle in my industry operating quite a bit off road but I do pay attention to air filter conditions. I am going to continue to sample to create a trend but maybe It would be smart to sample based on hours and not milage as I average under 50 miles per day? Thanks

I sample oils and change them based on HRS only, this includes diffs and gearboxes of trucks.
We have 5 prime movers in our fleet plus about 18 items of earthmoving equipment. Some of the trucks towing water carts for road construction might only do 40 000 klm for the year but 1200 - 1500 hrs for the same time period. The X15 we have can push the oil change to 500 hrs but is changed at 250. I feel this is cheap insurance.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 Oil sample help - Aussie Steve - 01-31-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.