DEF pump froze
01-18-2024, (Subject: DEF pump froze ) 
DEF pump froze
I am now in the process of replacing my DEF pump. 2013 KW T660 with an ISX.
Is there any “procedure” other than installing and run it?
Mine cracked in a bad freeze, and I was idling that night. I found an aftermarket pump and am hopeful that tomorrow AM I will be running.
Also, I do not have insite, but do have the diesel laptop handheld scanner.
Thanks in advance.
replyreply
01-19-2024, (Subject: DEF pump froze ) 
RE: DEF pump froze
Aftermarket pump... I hope your prepared to replace it again after it fails prematurtely. - Can you afford to d#ick and lolly-gag around and put yourself on the side of the road if that after-garbage pump fails unexpectedly?.

Most truck owners are not in a position to experiment with after-garbage parts like that can put someone on the side of the road, etc.

So.. I would NOT recommend that someone use non-eom parts for something like a DEF pump.. unless their willing to eat the cost 2 times, .. and are also willing to let it put them on the side of the road if it does not operate correctly... or fails unexpectedly. -- just saying.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Daved91709
01-19-2024, (Subject: DEF pump froze ) 
If your pump froze that means your heater lines solenoids to the tank are not working and staying closed. Only other option was the pump quit and the then froze. Wiring broken ?

Find the issue before you put more parts on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Daved91709
02-04-2024, (Subject: DEF pump froze ) 
Good evening friends.
I put the pump on. It took about 3 days, due to laying on ice under the truck, waiting on parts, and lack of the KW dealer to recognize parts. Been back at work 2 weeks, and seems fine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-04-2024, (Subject: DEF pump froze ) 
(02-04-2024 )Daved91709 Wrote:  Good evening friends.
I put the pump on. It took about 3 days, due to laying on ice under the truck, waiting on parts, and lack of the KW dealer to recognize parts. Been back at work 2 weeks, and seems fine.

That is good to hear.

Thanks for the follow up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-11-2024, (Subject: DEF pump froze ) 
And, as a further follow up.
Currently replacing another pump. I don’t have INSITE still. So I am again using a handheld scanner. I really need to get insite…
SPN5394 fmi4
Internet search says probably a def pump.
Scanner says DEF dosing valve. I have another pump, so guess what I’m doing today…
Rawze, you were right.
replyreply
(01-19-2024 )PolishHammer Wrote:  If your pump froze that means your heater lines solenoids to the tank are not working and staying closed. Only other option was the pump quit and the then froze. Wiring broken ?

Find the issue before you put more parts on.

Does the pump have constant flow, or only while dosing?
replyreply
Ok, I put another new pump on. And this problem still exists. I need a shop near Toledo Ohio.
Help please. I really DON’T want to deal with a dealership
replyreply
I don't think the issue is with the pump but with the DEF injector/doser. Maybe it got damaged also in the freeze?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Daved91709

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.