Unknown Piece found in CM2250
01-24-2024, (Subject: Unknown Piece found in CM2250 ) 
Unknown Piece found in CM2250
Hello, Im replacing the oil cooler on my 2014 Cascadia w/Isx15 and when I was removing the water pipe between the water pump and Egr Cooler I found an unknown piece laying inside the pipe. It looks like a valve spring seat… the truck had 400,000 miles on it when I bought it and it never had any major engine work done to it. It now has 750xxx mile. Im thinking maybe someone dropped it in the engine if they were doing major work to it before my ownership?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-25-2024, (Subject: Unknown Piece found in CM2250 ) 
RE: Unknown Piece found in CM2250
so that was in the water circuit?. -- Odd.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dyno
Wow that’s crazy. It does look like a valve spring seat.. just wondering how it made it to the cooling circuit as well

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dyno
(01-25-2024 )JMBT Wrote:  Wow that’s crazy. It does look like a valve spring seat.. just wondering how it made it to the cooling circuit as well
Maybe its Job security, looks like it was deliberately put in the cooling system at one point in time
replyreply
Somehow fell in there at the factory???

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
01-26-2024, (Subject: Unknown Piece found in CM2250 ) 
(01-25-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  Somehow fell in there at the factory???

not likely. The head is installed as an already assembled piece by the time it gets put onto the engine block.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-26-2024, (Subject: Unknown Piece found in CM2250 ) 
Does the ISX have a thermostat in the oil cooler housing/circuit? Looks kind of like part of the stat used in the oil coolers on the TrashForce medium-duty engines I deal with. Seat for the stat spring. Other than what I've seen here I know squat about the ISX.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.