Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear
09-26-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
RE: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear
I dont know the difference between auto and ultrashift.
so no clutch pedal is ultrashift then?
replyreply
(09-26-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  I dont know the difference between auto and ultrashift.
so no clutch pedal is ultrashift then?

clutch pedal - autoshift
no clutch pedal - ultrashift
replyreply
thanks Unilevers,
hey bud please check your texts I texted you this morning
replyreply
(09-26-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  Where on top of the transmission is this sensor located?

The sensor I changed was on the front top of transmission, sitting in truck to the right side on top where the shifter would normally be. If you remove the plate that covers the spot where the gear shifter would be its on top towards the right a little. There are multiple sensors on the transmission. Mine was the input shaft sensor about $50.00. Easy to get to but might be hard to pull out the old one. If you have to break the old one to get out make sure you get the little magnet out. The magnet is encased in the sensor but if you have to break the casing be aware to make sure the old magnet comes out.
replyreply
Need to check the power feed from the battery box. I have saw where the fuse holder would heat up and drop load power thus causing it after a long run it will not shift when called upon. Find someone with road ranger and have them hook up and retrieve the codes then you can look at the sensors. When Ever I have had the input speed sensor fault it would not go into gear at all. But have replace many transmission harnesses.
replyreply
09-27-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
(09-26-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Need to check the power feed from the battery box. I have saw where the fuse holder would heat up and drop load power thus causing it after a long run it will not shift when called upon. Find someone with road ranger and have them hook up and retrieve the codes then you can look at the sensors. When Ever I have had the input speed sensor fault it would not go into gear at all. But have replace many transmission harnesses.

It has a power loss somewhere it still gives a code on insite,
I think that may be causing it.
replyreply
09-30-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
./uploads/201610/post_1749_1475293636_c2dc2c3f03c615bd0d5d23adbbf87d08.jpg
Checked all the conections everything looks tight, also sometimes does not wnat to crank it may take couple tries for it to crank
replyreply
10-07-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
Can high voltage couse this?
I noticed voltage getting higher lately around 14.3v to 14.7v depending on load,
If I turn the engine off sometimes i turn the key to crank and nothing,
Need to wait a minute or two to try again, posibly things heating up?
It gets stuck in 10th little more often now every few hours driving.
All the connections are tight.
I may put a new alternator when the truck gets back to see if that fixes the problem
replyreply
10-07-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
This may not be your problem,but it worked for me one time. I found a lot of dust had accumulated on the ignition switch, behind the dash. all i did was clean it up, and my problem went away. It also could be a bad ignition switch, since it doesn't want to crank. Are you having a clicking noise when you try to crank engine over?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.