Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear
10-07-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
RE: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear
I have had all 4 generations of "Autoshift" (with clutch pedal) transmissions and I have had this problem at least once with all of them. For me it has ALWAYS been a bad connection or bad spot on the wire harness. Check and clean the main fuse in the battery box, and all sensor connectors, when you plug them back in use dielectric grease it will help keep the pins tight and prevent corrosion, also the two large multi pin connectors on the trans ECU like to vibrate loose and will throw random codes. They are each held on with a hex key screw, loosen and unplug each one, clean with air, apply dielectric grease and replace.

As for diagnostics, start with engine off but key on, and cycle on-off, on-off two times within 5 sec ending in the on position. your display will show a two digit number, you can download the manual which has code chart on roadranger's website, if it shows a 25 there are no codes to display. Cycling key on-off 2 times shows active codes, 4 times shows inactive codes, 6 times clears all codes. If you download the troubleshooting manual it will also tell you how to put the system into a test mode where you can wiggle and move the harness and it will give a beep if you have a bad spot that is loosing connection.

As for accessing the components see if your cab has an access panel under the floor covering. If so remove it and you should have an eagle eye view of all the components. Trying to get at them from the bottom will just frustrate you and peel all the skin off your arms and forehead! LOL, but seriously.

Hope that helps! Again I have had Autoshifts for 12 years and the problems you are describing have always been connection issues for me.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kiroisx , HES
10-07-2016, (Subject: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear ) 
RE: Autoshift gets stuck in 10 gear
Not to distract from the conversation...
Dielectric grease is good and I use it on these ECM type of contacts.
A little tip from a Canadian that deals with a lot of winter and road salt, in my light cord plugs, truck & trailer lights, CB antenna cables & base blocks, and on battery terminals I use Vaseline or knock off petroleum jelly. Petro-jelly does not get broke down by salt water. It is cheaper than dielectric grease and available in large quantities, so I literally do up all the connecting screws and fill the vacant space with petro-jelly. Way less corrosion issues.
I got this tip from a grey beard about 15yrs ago, just passing it on...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: HES , Kiroisx

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.