ISX 2250 sensor problem
02-11-2024, (Subject: ISX 2250 sensor problem ) 
ISX 2250 sensor problem
Thanks for letting me in. I have asked numerous people about this problem. Everything was going fine I noticed that my check engine light was coming on and going off made it about 30 miles and stop engine light came on and shut me down. Turned power off and back started up and drove 50 miles back with no problems. After I got back it’s showing 435 and 1942 codes and my oil pressure gauge does not work. I’ve replaced the oil pressure sensor no good. I bought it deleted and I have a diesel laptop handheld pro and everything seems fine , manual gauge the oil pressure is fine , shows signal from the sensors. I can delete the codes and gauge works til I cycle the key a few times. Was told it might be the ecm or wiring. Thanks
replyreply
02-12-2024, (Subject: ISX 2250 sensor problem ) 
RE: ISX 2250 sensor problem
How long have you had the truck for? It could be some crazy sh*t in your programming too.
replyreply
I’ve had it since June . Really no problems til now
replyreply
Oil pressure issues aside ...

You also need to also copy that program out of that ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did in there. Most (more than 90% ) of all delete programming is very bad and harmful to the engine. It is nothing to take for granted.

Copying program out: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
fault 1942 shows as crank case pressure faults/intermittent. Is your crank case filter drilled out or replaced with a maintenance free one?... it should be.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

fault 435 is for oil pressure sensor intermittent.

Maybe also register your engine ser# on quickserv.com (its free) and go look at the ecm wiring diagram... see if the supply line for those 2 sensors is the same +5 volts supply.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-13-2024, (Subject: ISX 2250 sensor problem ) 
Yes the filter has been holed out. Both sensors has the same supply and 5 volt. Tried to ohm out the wires to both signal and return and got nothing but my scan tool shows the sensors getting signal. Had it on insite showed same thing. Maybe I didn’t do it right.
replyreply
02-15-2024, (Subject: ISX 2250 sensor problem ) 
had a truck with oil pressure not working, removed conector and checked voltage on supply 5v and signal 5v, disconnected engine connector and measured resistance between signal amd voltage , had 0 ohm resistance, wiggled wires a bit and had open circuit, from oil pressure sensor to ecm connector is around 1ft , see attached picture how it looked like , had to remove plastic t-cover to see this, also supply and ground for oil pressure sensor feeds other sensors too,

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Techmech
02-16-2024, (Subject: ISX 2250 sensor problem ) 
(02-15-2024 )ktblogistics Wrote:  had a truck with oil pressure not working, removed conector and checked voltage on supply 5v and signal 5v, disconnected engine connector and measured resistance between signal amd voltage , had 0 ohm resistance, wiggled wires a bit and had open circuit, from oil pressure sensor to ecm connector is around 1ft , see attached picture how it looked like , had to remove plastic t-cover to see this, also supply and ground for oil pressure sensor feeds other sensors too,

looks like it got cut or pinched. .. was it in a bind or going around a tight bend at the wiring harness there?.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.