deceleration noise.
09-28-2016, (Subject: deceleration noise. ) 
RE: deceleration noise.
You said this is an autoshift? If so turn your jakes on then turn them off and see if it is the same sound. If so then you may have the transmission turning them on to slow down.
replyreply
(09-28-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  Do you have much experience with this engine? This is a fairly involved task to walk through over the internet. If you don't have the necessary tools and knowledge, you should take it to someone with does.

EDIT: Just saw the photo...That roller is only just starting to go. What does the cam look like? If the cam is severely damaged it could be the source of your noise, but judging by the roller I'd guess it is not yet bad enough to make much sound.

I think i might need to do a overhead set to see if that might take care of the problem the truck as over 927,000 plus miles. Actually number 1 roller and number 6 roller both have to same scarring starting take place

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
(09-28-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  
(09-28-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  Do you have much experience with this engine? This is a fairly involved task to walk through over the internet. If you don't have the necessary tools and knowledge, you should take it to someone with does.

EDIT: Just saw the photo...That roller is only just starting to go. What does the cam look like? If the cam is severely damaged it could be the source of your noise, but judging by the roller I'd guess it is not yet bad enough to make much sound.

I think i might need to do a overhead set to see if that might take care of the problem the truck as over 927,000 plus miles. Actually number 1 roller and number 6 roller both have to same scarring starting take place

Over head is always a good idea. Just make sure you can feel the detent on the jake rockers really good.
replyreply
I would most certainly do a valve adjustment, and make sure you drop your oil at recommended intervals. (Somebody can chime in with the correct miles, but in Aus it's 20,000km)
replyreply
09-29-2016, (Subject: deceleration noise. ) 
(09-28-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  I would most certainly do a valve adjustment, and make sure you drop your oil at recommended intervals. (Somebody can chime in with the correct miles, but in Aus it's 20,000km)

Does anyone know where I can get a service manual online ISX 435ST

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
(09-29-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Does anyone know where I can get a service manual online ISX 435ST

Sign up for a Quickserve online account. Up to 5 engine S/N's for free, and you have a complete service manual with total tear down and reassemble procedures for the entire engine.
An invaluable resource

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(09-29-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(09-29-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Does anyone know where I can get a service manual online ISX 435ST

Sign up for a Quickserve online account. Up to 5 engine S/N's for free, and you have a complete service manual with total tear down and reassemble procedures for the entire engine.
An invaluable resource

I have one more question can I use this beam torque wrench instead of dial

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-in-dr...ockType=G2

replyreply
(09-29-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  I have one more question can I use this beam torque wrench instead of dial

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-in-dr...ockType=G2

I prefer click type, but yes you can use that for the adjuster lock nuts.
No you cannot use it in place of a dial torque wrench for the injector pre-load, not because there's anything wrong with it, but because the injector pre-load is in inch/lbs not foot/lbs and that torque wrench just doesn't have a small enough scale.
For doing the injector pre-load and your own overheads & as you progress other sensitive projects, IMHO you should invest in quality torque wrenches. Torque specs are typically quite important and shouldn't have short cuts taken.

Close and precise are NOT the same thing concerning torque specs.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
The way i found out was to take the valve cover off then start the truck and start accelerating until you hear the noise. idle it up with the cruise walk around and look. you'll see the rocker going crazy. It was the rocker shaft that was bad on mine, common problem with all the soot that goes through the engine. mine is also an 09 prostar. they aren't too bad to change go to rawzes injector video to get the torque specs and the overhead procedure then decide if you can do it, that is what i had to do. And thank rawze for making those videos, they have saved me a ton.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.