2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
02-27-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
Good evening. About a week and a half ago I noticed my truck start to smoke excessively it has been demandated for a year. And engine has 150k on inframe. November of 22 a couple weeks after my inframe I had issues with my after treatment system so I paid some random guy to fix that. Well that melted the solenoids on all 6 of my brand new injectors. I got a set of used injectors out of another motor to get me going again that had roughly 450k miles on them. We put a new program on and we were good. Fast forward to a week and a half ago my truck started to smoke a lot at all throttle positions and clatter under acceleration kind of like a fuel knock. So last week I replaced the injectors with some OEM reman injectors figuring if I had a fuel issue it’d be the oldest part that’s failing. January of 23 when we fixed the program I also replaced the fuel pump.

I just did a leak down test and it lost 250psi in 60 seconds so I’m not leaking fuel anywhere. My next best guess is the air side of things. Turbo spools and according to my road relay pushes 35-38lbs boost. I’m thinking either the vanes are broke or I have a leak in a charge pipe or intercooler. What are your thoughts? This truck is slowly killing me and I’m out of money trying to keep it on the road. Please help.
replyreply
RE: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
Who demandated it?
replyreply
(02-27-2024 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Who demandated it?
{A Respected forum member here removed the bad de-mandate and re-did the program}
replyreply
02-28-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
Vgt position doesn’t match commanded. It’s 10% off. Will update for you guys once the turbo or actuator is repaired

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
(02-27-2024 )8pitcher Wrote:  ... according to my road relay pushes 35-38lbs boost.

That is also too much boost for a CM2350. It needs to be adjusted in the programming and lowered to about 34 psi MAX in a hard pull.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-28-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-27-2024 )8pitcher Wrote:  ... according to my road relay pushes 35-38lbs boost.

That is also too much boost for a CM2350. It needs to be adjusted in the programming and lowered to about 34 psi MAX in a hard pull.

Could it be possible I have the wrong turbo? It’s an he400vg. I replaced it a week after my inframe after my stock turbo broke the shaft. Got it used with 2k miles on it. He said it was off an isx just don’t know what model.
replyreply
Assuming up front for a moment that some idiot turbo shop, someone, etc., did not take it apart and mix matched parts on it ...

For the newer VGT 400-series turbo's seen on the CM2250's, CM2350's, and X15's, etc...

There are 2 different model 400-series VGT turbo's for the CM3250's. They are NOT interchangeable on the fly with each other ... but they do look identical on the outside.

Many people make this mistake with them and think they are all the same because they look alike on the outside, but they are not.

One is for the higher HP engines, has higher heat and HP capacity + a titanium turbine in it.

The other has a more light-weight turbine and is designed for a bit more fuel efficiency but is only for mid-tier, lighter duty applications. The lighter duty one is also a bit more responsive, but has less flow capacity restrictions on the upper HP end, heats up quicker, and is not made for heavy haul.

The only way to tell them apart without disassembling them is to measure the inner diameter at the intake port (cold side). The heavy haul (titanium turbine) version measures 36 mm, and the fuel efficient version made for lower HP measures 34 mm. This can only been checked by precision measuring the inner diameter of the intake port, and cannot be seen simply by looking at them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
02-29-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
Figured out my bet issue. It broke on one side where it attaches to the arm

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-29-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
wow that thing looks really worn out and a lot of age on it.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.