Conversion x15 2250 - 2350
02-29-2024, (Subject: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350 ) 
Conversion x15 2250 - 2350
Greeting to everyone!!!
I got a Cenworth truck with we’ve swapped engine 2350 and original ECU 2250 plus bad delete.
Truck was running okay for a couple years, let’s say but now statted to derate.
No other codes, only derate code. Data monitoring shows 00 reference voltage for turbo, actuator and exhaust pressure sensors but reference voltage is present at the harness connector.
So I’m sure the codes are blocked
I found similar problem in this forum, and I think Rawz said there is a way to build one software out of w to make it work write.
I would try to upload/download fresh factory, calibration file with your help, as I have most software I think
Please please help thanks, in advance!!!
replyreply
RE: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350
Any help ?
replyreply
(02-29-2024 )Andrey123 Wrote:  Greeting to everyone!!!
I got a Cenworth truck with we’ve swapped engine 2350 and original ECU 2250 plus bad delete.
Truck was running okay for a couple years, let’s say but now statted to derate.
No other codes, only derate code. Data monitoring shows 00 reference voltage for turbo, actuator and exhaust pressure sensors but reference voltage is present at the harness connector.
So I’m sure the codes are blocked
I found similar problem in this forum, and I think Rawz said there is a way to build one software out of w to make it work write.
I would try to upload/download fresh factory, calibration file with your help, as I have most software I think
Please please help thanks, in advance!!!

Sounds to me like someone made a mess of things.

What year is the truck?.

What was the engine ser# of the engine that came out of it?.

What is the engine ser# that was put back in it?.

What ecm was used?... the old one for the origional engine?.

What turbo and other hardware is in the replacement engine? ... such as Injectors? turbo?. etc.

==================

I.E.> ...

If someone removed a CM2250 engine from the truck that had this model engine originally, and replaced it with a newer model CM2350-X101 ... then the original CM2250 ecm and wiring harness should have been used.

The newer engine should also retain all its newer components on it ... like injectors, turbo, etc.etc.

The only thing that should have gotten changed is a fuel pressure sensor to the older style, as the newer one will not plug into the older engine harness due to different plug.

After this, it is all a matter of re-programming it properly.

- A custom program has to be made to run that CM2350 engine with that CM2250 ecm. Internally, they are 2 very different engines and this has to be done to prevent shortening the engine life, and to restore the efficiency properly for the newer engine and its much higher compression ratio, different (newer) style injectors, etc.

I PM'd you my number so all of this can be discussed with more detail, and to see what has been done so far, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andrey123
03-19-2024, (Subject: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350 ) 
Hi, I was reading this thread and am looking to do an engine swap like this. I have a 2011 ISX12/11.9 CM2250 and am looking at installing 2016 ISX12 CM2350 X102. So from what I've seen on this post I can do this and still use my CM2250 ECM. What kind of programming would have to be done as you mention and where could someone get this done. Could you give me a little more detail about this part of the swap. Thanks
replyreply
(03-19-2024 )Goody68 Wrote:  Hi, I was reading this thread and am looking to do an engine swap like this. I have a 2011 ISX12/11.9 CM2250 and am looking at installing 2016 ISX12 CM2350 X102. So from what I've seen on this post I can do this and still use my CM2250 ECM. What kind of programming would have to be done as you mention and where could someone get this done. Could you give me a little more detail about this part of the swap. Thanks

First of all, I do not, and would recommend swapping out a 2250 with a 2350 engine, as it is illegal for emissions reasons in some countries, ... but there are people who do this any ways.

That aside.. For reasons mentioned in previous posts, a custom program has to be written for the CM2250 ecm to run the newer model engine properly. They may look similar on the outside, but they operate very differently on the insides.

As far as the programming itself goes ...

===============
(If the old CM2250 ecm happens to have a delete/custom program in it) ...

Then the custom program needs to be copied out (using CT) for backup purposes in case any dash or other truck-specific settings get lost. After that, the original factory programming for the truck/old engine needs to be flashed put back into the ecm.

The factory program also needs to have at least 10+ minutes of key-on time after the re-flash to give the ecm time to erase old memory, etc. in the background before proceeding. All truck-specific settings also need to be restored as well.

I.E>> To start the process, the program in the 2250 ecm needs to be its factory original for both the old engine and truck. It needs to be free of any buggering or deleting, etc. by anyone. THIS REGARDLESS of if the rest of the truck was deleted or not.
===============

Once it has been established that the original 2250 programing for the truck/engine is in fact all 100% factory set, has all proper settings, etc.. and has not been altered by anyone ...

Someone then needs to copy out (using CT) and to send me the clean factory file that was in the CM2250 ecm, that was meant for the old engine and truck.

I will also need the old engine ser# ... and the new engine ser#, so that I can set the program up to run the new hardware.

After that, its a matter of getting it e-mailed back to you, and you putting the corrected file back into the ecm yourself.

The CM250 ecm is also not able to read injector trim codes itself, so someone will have to open up the valve cover and get all the new injector trim codes and type them in using the Insite software.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Goody68
And just as an FYI ... Here is roughly what needs to be re-programmed for the CM2250 ecm to handle a CM2350 (or X15) engine long-block...

= Engine Ramp-down rate for ABS.

= Main and all pilot/post injection cycles/Injection timing settings and tables/ during cranking, extreme cold environment, and while is operating normally, and for each engine operating mode that will be active.

= Fuel-air-mix and all other combustion related settings for each engine operating mode that will be active.

= Fuel rail pressure settings for each engine operating mode that will be active.

= engine cranking mode fuel quantities and fuel rail pressure while cranking.

= Exhaust manifold volumetric flow, pressures, etc. settings.

= VGT turbo flow, area, etc. settings, for controlling the newer VGT.

= Turbo speed, position, and other 'estimation' settings, for controlling/checking the newer VGT.

= Charge flow transform logic for controlling, the newer VGT.

= Engine friction/internal friction estimation and settigns.

= Injector drift compensation and mis-fire detection logic.

= Injector fuel flow estimation and other related logic.

= Injector pressure vs. crank tooth deviation logic.

= Injector stabilization reference logic.

= Injector Start of Injection pulse train logic.

= Injector pulse strategy changes.

= Injector Number of pulses per cycle logic.

= All Injector, injection trim logic and base formulas for applying the newer style of injector trim codes properly.

= Engine max speed/red line settings.

= Engine compression ratio and all compression ratio effected settings.

= Some of the charge flow/intake flow estimation logic.

= All Engine power/torque related settings.

*NOTE: There are a lot of emissions related settings as well. I did not include them here, as the emissions systems will NO longer be compatible any ways.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: HeavyD , quickrigs , Goody68
03-22-2024, (Subject: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350 ) 
I see above when you mention about copying out the files you say CT, what is that, I assume it is a software, what other software is required to install the files, copy and so on. I also believe I would need Insite to load the original unbuggered software back to the 2250. Thanks
replyreply
03-22-2024, (Subject: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350 ) 
(03-22-2024 )Goody68 Wrote:  I see above when you mention about copying out the files you say CT, what is that, I assume it is a software, what other software is required to install the files, copy and so on. I also believe I would need Insite to load the original unbuggered software back to the 2250. Thanks

CT = the Calterm software...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Goody68
03-23-2024, (Subject: Conversion x15 2250 - 2350 ) 
So, since this is a bit of Q&A here, I've been wondering, why can't someone drop in a newer engine with it's corresponding ECM? I assume at least part of the problem has to do with the other OEM and 3rd party systems, but is there any reason why those other systems and the accompanying wiring can't be swapped out instead for newer components (assuming they are available)?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.