DPF fuel consumtion
03-20-2024, (Subject: DPF fuel consumtion ) 
RE: DPF fuel consumtion
Hmm this doesn't really make any sense.
Let's assume a truck uses 1 gallon of fuel during a forced regen and the driver is doing a forced regen on every single truck in the fleet once a week because the company is so stupid and ignorant they can't maintain them properly. Now let's say you own 100 trucks. 24 cents times 100 trucks is only $24.00 per week or $1,248.00 a year.

And before you say " what about the fuel used for passive regen while driving down the road" there's no easy way your going to be able to differentiate between fuel used for propulsion and fuel used for regen. And certainly not by some blanket formula based on made up averages.

Using a diesel to DEF ratio like you mentioned is totally useless because there are numerous reasons why one truck would use much more fuel or DEF than another one and that could change at any given time depending on many factors.

If what your proposing is even legal ( I haven't checked into it) I can guarantee you'll be watched like a hawk and likely audited perpetually over it. Is all the paper work and headache really worth a few measly dollars??

If someone is losing so much money to fuel tax on gallons used during regen, I would say their time is much better spent getting the trucks to run and operate correctly instead of trying some convoluted tax refund loophole jackassery.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
DPF fuel consumtion - Boehmer - 03-15-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-16-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-24-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - tree98 - 03-20-2024
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-24-2024,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.