Calibration list
09-30-2016, (Subject: Calibration list ) 
Calibration list
I was wondering if anyone has the current list of calibrations? My turbo seems to be over spinning per Cummins. It's spinning at 43k I have power lost with no check engines. I connected the truck to insite and it shows version AV 10227.12 it's cpl 2732 and engine serial 79343639. I read somewhere on here that if the turbo overspins it's usually a calibration issue. Thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: Calibration list
43k is less than half the speed set to trigger a derate. Have you checked the faults with Insite and checked for boost leaks?
replyreply
(09-30-2016 )Rex012 Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone has the current list of calibrations? My turbo seems to be over spinning per Cummins. It's spinning at 43k I have power lost with no check engines. I connected the truck to insite and it shows version AV 10227.12 it's cpl 2732 and engine serial 79343639. I read somewhere on here that if the turbo overspins it's usually a calibration issue. Thanks in advance

You have an ISX CM871 450HP. The original file for the engine is AV10068. The updated DPF cans require the engine to be flashed with AV10227 instead, changing its CPL to 3748.

AV10068/AV10227 cal is a very weak 450HP calibration and it has about the same torque as the 400HP cals that are compatible. -- My opinion, it is a piece of shi#t cal, even for factory stock. You would be much better off putting AV10230 or even AV10236 in that engine if you wanted to get rid of its weakness. Those are both 100% compatible and would not effect the regen cycle or the turbo operation.

=====

43K is WELL WITHIN spec of that engine and turbo,.. and is quite normal. 90k would be the max the program allows, so if anything, it sounds a little weak, not too strong. Got a pyro and boost gauge? -- if not, you are only guessing in the dark and wasting your time and money and letting everyone else take your money and bullshit you all the damn time!. -- Get with the program and get some gauges installed in that thing and stop guessing!.

It looks like you have the correct program that was meant for your engine. Whoever told you, or whatever source, that your software is the cause of your troubles is FOS for sure. Insite is a piece of shi#t program that is only about 30% accurate on its best day. I bet the engine didn't have that problem when it left the factory, and it still has the updated version of the original program for that engine, so the question is WHAT CHANGED?,.. AND what are your actual problems besides the feeling that it is a weakling,.. BECAUSE IT CAME THAT WAY FROM THE FACTORY!> IT IS PROGRAMMED TO BE A WEAKLING COMPANY TRUCK to begin with.

==========

Get a pyro and boost gauge in that thing ASAP and stop guessing. Do a thorough EGR tune-up (or get MM-2 in it), and put the AV10236 program in it and be done with it. Also do a leak-down on the injectors, CAC leak test, Engine intake and exhaust leak test, and check everything out really well, and you will likely find out your problems. The most incredibly stupid mechanics I have ever met, have all worked at OEM stealerships. Stop listening to advice from OEM assholes who are nothing but trained to sell you expensive things like turbos and DPf cans, who have no clue how that engine actually operates.

Ignorance -=- Not knowing something
Stupid -=- Not knowing something and refusing to learn it, and/or arguing it away.

Ignorance can be cured,.. but no one can fix stupid!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-30-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-30-2016 )Rex012 Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone has the current list of calibrations? My turbo seems to be over spinning per Cummins. It's spinning at 43k I have power lost with no check engines. I connected the truck to insite and it shows version AV 10227.12 it's cpl 2732 and engine serial 79343639. I read somewhere on here that if the turbo overspins it's usually a calibration issue. Thanks in advance

You have an ISX CM871 450HP. The original file for the engine is AV10068. The updated DPF cans require the engine to be flashed with AV10227 instead, changing its CPL to 3748.

AV10068/AV10227 cal is a very weak 450HP calibration and it has about the same torque as the 400HP cals that are compatible. -- My opinion, it is a piece of shi#t cal, even for factory stock. You would be much better off putting AV10230 or even AV10236 in that engine if you wanted to get rid of its weakness. Those are both 100% compatible and would not effect the regen cycle or the turbo operation.

=====

43K is WELL WITHIN spec of that engine and turbo,.. and is quite normal. 90k would be the max the program allows, so if anything, it sounds a little weak, not too strong. Got a pyro and boost gauge? -- if not, you are only guessing in the dark and wasting your time and money and letting everyone else take your money and bullshit you all the damn time!. -- Get with the program and get some gauges installed in that thing and stop guessing!.

It looks like you have the correct program that was meant for your engine. Whoever told you, or whatever source, that your software is the cause of your troubles is FOS for sure. Insite is a piece of shi#t program that is only about 30% accurate on its best day. I bet the engine didn't have that problem when it left the factory, and it still has the updated version of the original program for that engine, so the question is WHAT CHANGED?,.. AND what are your actual problems besides the feeling that it is a weakling,.. BECAUSE IT CAME THAT WAY FROM THE FACTORY!> IT IS PROGRAMMED TO BE A WEAKLING COMPANY TRUCK to begin with.

==========

Get a pyro and boost gauge in that thing ASAP and stop guessing. Do a thorough EGR tune-up (or get MM-2 in it), and put the AV10236 program in it and be done with it. Also do a leak-down on the injectors, CAC leak test, Engine intake and exhaust leak test, and check everything out really well, and you will likely find out your problems. The most incredibly stupid mechanics I have ever met, have all worked at OEM stealerships. Stop listening to advice from OEM assholes who are nothing but trained to sell you expensive things like turbos and DPf cans, who have no clue how that engine actually operates.

Ignorance -=- Not knowing something
Stupid -=- Not knowing something and refusing to learn it, and/or arguing it away.

Ignorance can be cured,.. but no one can fix stupid!.

You have a link to that file ? I can upload it in today but i have to download it from insite. Thanks
replyreply
you need something thats in your pm. check it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.