Clutch slave piston travel
04-23-2024, (Subject: Clutch slave piston travel ) 
Clutch slave piston travel
Overhauled both clutch master and slave cylinders with new rubbers and checked all parts before re installing. Have adjusted as the manual and seemed to bleed through okay. However when rechecking the slave clearance with wife operating the pedal, I noticed that the rubber cover over the end of the slave had popped off, so refitted it and asked wife to operate pedal to verify all was okay. Again the rubber cover popped off and with pedal pressed down it seemed the piston on the slave was coming a distance out of the cylinder. I may have been a bit to plentiful with the grease around the operating rod inside the cover, which may be part of the reason why the rubber slips off.

Both cylinders are the standard sizes and once bled the pedal appears to operate as it should. Not able to road test or engine test as some of the electrics are fitted and operational.

So my question is, is this normal and by how much should the piston project out of the slave cylinder in normal operation, is anyone able to do a comparative measure for me please?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.