Running a little hot? Not oil temp
10-03-2016, (Subject: Running a little hot? Not oil temp ) 
Running a little hot? Not oil temp
2005 isx, egr position sensor has malfunctioned leaving the egr closed. But egt seems a little high. I might have 6k lbs on the deck. This a normal temp for a non egr engine? I've never driven one without it and never saw over 600 on a hard pull up a mountain. Just wondering if there is something else the boss and i should be checking. Finally broke 6mpg last week grossing 90k lbs which is nice. Just over 7 with this load. Ignore the restriction guage. It's broken. Just put in new filters 2000km ago when we did an oil change and full filter change. Oil was a dark brown but not black
./uploads/201610/post_1854_1475515988_6796d84c16cdf6487bde20641cd98841.jpg./uploads/201610/post_1854_1475516185_b564ab83d3eaea47a28a6fd47e7586b9.jpg
replyreply
RE: Running a little hot? Not oil temp
(10-03-2016 )Kevin7898 Wrote:  2005 isx, egr position sensor has malfunctioned leaving the egr closed. But egt seems a little high. I might have 6k lbs on the deck. This a normal temp for a non egr engine? I've never driven one without it and never saw over 600 on a hard pull up a mountain. Just wondering if there is something else the boss and i should be checking. Finally broke 6mpg last week grossing 90k lbs which is nice. Just over 7 with this load. Ignore the restriction guage. It's broken. Just put in new filters 2000km ago when we did an oil change and full filter change. Oil was a dark brown but not black

If you don't have the engine re-programmed for proper non-egr operation, or if someone put in the typical 870 delete trash into it then boost will jump up then drop back and limit itself to about 32 psi max (or less) and be in a permanent silent derate all the time, but the power will often try to remain the same. This often causes the EGT's to run high and it shortens the life of the turbocharger to about 2/3 what it should be.

They are the only a couple guys that I have ever met that are worth a damn with the CM870 that go out of their way to re-program the turbo and all the other stuff in ram memory on those ECM's towards getting them right. Everyone else who claims they can "tune on them" is just a wast of time and money.

Don't waste your time and money getting second rate half-assed engine destroying garbage. do things right or you will end up regretting it on one way or another in the long run.
replyreply
RE: Running a little hot? Not oil temp
Plus 1000 on unileavers. Mine had same problems. He is amazing on these. Plus he is in Canada so should be close for you.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.