New Starter
10-11-2016, (Subject: New Starter ) 
RE: New Starter
Mitsubishi Starter Cummins ISX Volvo V12 - VV0977

We religiously use this starter in our trucks. No core -no remans.

You won't regret it
replyreply
10-21-2016, (Subject: New Starter ) 
I tried to get one of these prelude starters. The parts guy took a day to get back to me because he had to contact Cummins higher ups. They came back and said there is not one available for the isx, only the qsx engines.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Mitsubishi starter here too... Put a new one on at in frame. Works like a champ, new, not reman.
replyreply
(10-06-2016 )Brock Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Do you know about the cummins prelube starter?

Why the f$%k have I never heard of this??? Is anyone using it?

This needs to be on my trucks asap!

Very expensive
replyreply
(10-21-2016 )Brock Wrote:  I tried to get one of these prelude starters. The parts guy took a day to get back to me because he had to contact Cummins higher ups. They came back and said there is not one available for the isx, only the qsx engines.

They make them, any good large genset come with them,try RPM Industries or EVS (electric motor service) they have re-manufactured ones.
replyreply
oh yes. I have no issue finding aftermarket for this but cannot get a Cummins one.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(10-21-2016 )Brock Wrote:  oh yes. I have no issue finding aftermarket for this but cannot get a Cummins one.

Here's the link for rpm industries
http://www.rpmindustries.org/web/Engine-...-lube.html

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
10-24-2016, (Subject: New Starter ) 
(10-03-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Interesting you ask, I'm on the third 39mt within 90 day's. What was originally installed, was a 42mt from the factory and it lasted 16 year's. I know this because it had some green paint on it, that is the same color as the truck. The first one failed one week after install. then the second one failed just 2 weeks ago. the one in there now is beginning to click just like the 2 other's. I'm beginning to pull my hair out over this ridiculous situation, especially since i wanted a 42mt installed initially, but i listened to the shop owner advice telling me it was an upgrade. I also learned that all the 39mt's are made in MEXICO OR CHINA, and became very upset about this. I now have a 42mt delco, which is by the way remanufactured in oregon, and i hope this work's out much more favorable. I will at least be contributing to the welfare of an AMERICAN WORKER.

Just a quick update on the reman delco 42mt. It is doing the job, and no problems so far.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.