2350 to 2450 engine swap questions
05-09-2024, (Subject: 2350 to 2450 engine swap questions ) 
2350 to 2450 engine swap questions
I have a truck that I bought that has been completely demandated, and the dpf/scr completely removed from the truck and the egr bypassed. CM2350 original engine put coolant in the oil pan at 630,000 miles. I have pulled that engine and installed a brand new CM2450 in its place but am looking for guidance on what to do ECM wise. Do I install the old ecm on the new engine, which has everything emissions wise turned off and I’m sure is a bad delete program, or find some knowledgeable to tune the CM2450 ecm to work with the current setup. Replacing the dpf/scr is out of the realm of possibility because everything has been removed and would cost an arm and leg to buy new and replace. I’m trying to make the best decision moving forward.

Thanks for the help
replyreply
RE: EGR on demandate
I never officially recommend that people do such butcher-work on a truck like that (using different year/model engine, making the whole thing illegal in most countries).. however it can be done...

== The CM2350 ecm, original wiring, etc. and also the 2350 vgt turbocharger needs to be re-used/installed onto the new engine.

== A custom program then needs to be made to run the CM2450 engine with the CM2350 ecm.

======================
I will need e-mailed to me ...

The program from the original engine/ecm, meant for the engine that came out if it, as it was all 100% factory (no de-mandate) before the engine swap, with at least 10 minutes of run time on it + any dash/vehicle specific settings in it set properly. Programming set in the ecm as if the old engine, emissions, etc. were all were still on it and intact. Does not matter if the actual hardware for DPF, etc. is missing or not. Even if it has faults for missing DPF etc. if it was deleted. Program needs to be 100% factory, to be copied out with Cal%term... un-molested.. and e-mailed to me.

I will also need the engine ser# of the new engine in the e-mail as well.

I can then make a custom program for the right injection timing, fuel-air-mix, compression ratio, injector trim logic, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. according to the 2450 ser# and CPL.

Then all that has to be done is copy the program back into ecm and clear faults 2x in a row, and it should be done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: 2350 to 2450 engine swap questions
Would it be easier just to demandate the 2450 ecm and leave the egr turned on? The original turbo is no in great shape, has quite a bit of free play and signs of passing oil.
replyreply
(05-09-2024 )5jranch Wrote:  Would it be easier just to demandate the 2450 ecm and leave the egr turned on? The original turbo is no in great shape, has quite a bit of free play and signs of passing oil.

No it would not be. What I said above is what needs to happen. If the 2350 turbo is worn out then replace it with the same cm2350 part# from cummins. The 2450 turbo is not going to be 100% compatible with that 2350 ecm.

And no for the EGR staying on, and the rest of everything off. That is a completely dumb idea that serves only to soot up the engine for no reason. The components can be left in place, but It all has to get switched off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sorry for the confusion on my end. The cm2350 is already removed, it was hydro locked and couldn’t be started so I pulled it. I thought the engine I was installing was the same so I already have it installed. So how can I go about getting you the original file for the cm2350 that was one in the truck to begin with.
replyreply
05-10-2024, (Subject: 2350 to 2450 engine swap questions ) 
(05-09-2024 )5jranch Wrote:  Sorry for the confusion on my end. The cm2350 is already removed, it was hydro locked and couldn’t be started so I pulled it. I thought the engine I was installing was the same so I already have it installed. So how can I go about getting you the original file for the cm2350 that was one in the truck to begin with.

Insite software...
Save the ecm template out of the old ecm (Insite work order, and then make an ecm template from the ecm image) ...

(Insite or CT) ...
then flash it back to its factory programming according to its old engine ser# ...

(Insite) ...
and then restore the template + run the engine for 10 minutes.. even if it does have faults for the cans, etc.

== Then use CT software to copy out the clean file so that it can be e-mailed to me.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.