Code 0286
05-10-2024, (Subject: Code 0286 ) 
Code 0286
Hi everyone,

Received Code 0286. Says something to do with PTO deceleration switch. Not sure how to troubleshoot and fix? Truck shut down for a split second and started on its own again.

Thank you,

Derek

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-10-2024, (Subject: Code 0286 ) 
RE: Code 0286
I doubt that fault 0286 alone is going to cause intermittent shut-off... but one never knows.

Go to the multiplexing screen to see what the 0286 is all about.

Also why so many tranny codes?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-15-2024, (Subject: Code 0286 ) 
RE: Code 0286
Based on the screen shot I'd say you have a wiring issue. Abnormal update rate, abnormal update rate, abnormal update rate, data erratic, abnormal update rate. Either a bad ground somewhere, a loose or damaged wire, tarnished fuses or maybe lost a terminating resistor? Probably start by pulling up the wiring diagram on quickserve and see if there's a common element with all those faults. Also easy to check the battery connections, wires, crimps and vehicle grounds before digging deeper.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.