Doing cams and front structure
10-16-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
RE: Doing cams and front structure
(10-16-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Well I'll be damned.... I've never seen this before! I didn't think it was possible with the weight I haul and the idle time I have but here it is, a few thousand km and still looks pretty good!

Still need to get my amsoil filter on, ran out of time. Now let's see if I can keep the oil clean???

It still looks a tiny bit dark-ish (still a bit of soot in it), but you are finally on the right road towards getting that engine to run good. Now it is just a matter of fine tuning and doing oil changes at proper intervals.

It is likely the extra idle time that is getting it. Bump your turbo up to about 35% in your idle region only (50 mg/stroke and less) if you have to idle a lot, or use a lot of PTO. See if that helps it a bit next go around. I would not go much higher than that though.

Rawz's recommended oil change intervals...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

I'm guessing it's more or less residuals left that have it that dark, I think my next oil change will clear it out.

Give it boost at idle you say? lol damn. That's what I did when my turbo was pushing oil but once I fixed the turbo, I turned my idle boost back down.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-17-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
Well my trucks being a asshole today. Since shimming my oil pump, I've been running down the road around 50psI at 200 degrees and a couple psi lower when warmer....
.But mid day today it randomly went and dropped 10psi! I'm running down the road at 38psi at 200 degrees now.

Bullshit!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(10-17-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Well my trucks being a asshole today. Since shimming my oil pump, I've been running down the road around 50psI at 200 degrees and a couple psi lower when warmer....
.But mid day today it randomly went and dropped 10psi! I'm running down the road at 38psi at 200 degrees now.

Bullshit!

something is amiss i would pull the oil filter and cut it open
and Dubble check oil press with a gauge for starters then look for blown seals orings turbo seals
replyreply
(10-15-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Well I'll be damned.... I've never seen this before! I didn't think it was possible with the weight I haul and the idle time I have but here it is, a few thousand km and still looks pretty good!

Still need to get my amsoil filter on, ran out of time. Now let's see if I can keep the oil clean???

This is mine after an oil change. I have an 870 and the Speedco guys were amazed. Usually on these engines the oil is black right after startup. Mine is still pretty clean after a couple of thousand miles.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_1845_1476748875_e15e18f3c085e7b5bdd9e23cc801d5ef.jpg
replyreply
(10-17-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Well my trucks being a asshole today. Since shimming my oil pump, I've been running down the road around 50psI Sat 200 degrees and a couple psi lower when warmer....

Bullshit!
Sounds like the sending unit is on the way out. Ours would go to 0,20 and back to normal,freaked me out.
Been fine ever since I changed it. Still want to add a mechaical gauge.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.