Doing cams and front structure
10-06-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
RE: Doing cams and front structure
(10-05-2016 )Brock Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I will not let my oil become black, can't stand to see it.

Looking at those photos, I can tell that thing is soot-packed really badly. You need to clean out all that damn soot from all the passageways and block too. -- It is soot packing and clogged oil passaged in the rollers and cams that did that engine in. What a shame.

Those engines should have come form the factory with a second bypass system on them to remove all the soot,... If everyone did that to their engine when brand new, they would 2x the life out if them.

I am throwing my amsoil bypass on right now and I just bought a spinner 2 960 as well to throw on, gonna do some real short 10 day oil changes for a bit to try and clean this out. I think I idle far too much to ever get it clean though.

I have a CM870 and this is how my oil looks now after an oil change.....gotta love an engine that doesnt eat its own poop.....

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_1845_1475806074_3fa91ae848a6c1bc127d0e59adf03a6c.jpg
replyreply
10-07-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
Well my turbo got opened up and redone. They showed me my problem.... A seal where the turbine meets the shaft was improperly seated, without knowing my truck or my problem's they told me 100% chance my truck had massive blowby. Which it did, I thought my motor was pooched!

I have a feeling that I finally solved my constant regen issues that plagued me before!!!!

This babies gonna run like a dream.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-08-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
Had a Charlie Motor Sports truck pulling a tanker train that looked familiar today...thought maybe you were popping by to either help or make fun of me fixing my rear structure leak...
Ordered up the seal puller/pusher and necessary gaskets and seal... Hopin I can hold off having to do it until Christmas/New Years.
Made a template, and taking the truck to a local fab shop to make an upper rad support bracket that will facilitate mounting my Spinner II. I've added a touch more shim to my oil pump and finally have the pressure right where I want it. Looking forward to having this optional piece of hardware working.
Then my fridge distracted me...
./uploads/201610/post_2077_1475899140_194bfe191fb155eee27e0d905a1d7901.jpeg

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(10-08-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Had a Charlie Motor Sports truck pulling a tanker train that looked familiar today...thought maybe you were popping by to either help or make fun of me fixing my rear structure leak...
Ordered up the seal puller/pusher and necessary gaskets and seal... Hopin I can hold off having to do it until Christmas/New Years.
Made a template, and taking the truck to a local fab shop to make an upper rad support bracket that will facilitate mounting my Spinner II. I've added a touch more shim to my oil pump and finally have the pressure right where I want it. Looking forward to having this optional piece of hardware working.

YUP: I would say that was a distraction. Those pickles look dangerously delicious!. ---- Or was it the beer and whiskey? -- LOL

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-08-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Had a Charlie Motor Sports truck pulling a tanker train that looked familiar today...thought maybe you were popping by to either help or make fun of me fixing my rear structure leak...

Yup I second that. very distracting.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-13-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
./uploads/201610/post_1367_1476402702_f674237b520c43f9c3bdc94486f99b81.jpg

./uploads/201610/post_1367_1476402735_23699950461939feda9e87f4cfbe15f0.jpg

Well I'm finally back on the road. took too long... Went a little ape shi#t with the Cummins red paint!

Shimmer up the oil pump. bobtail right now 200f oil temp has me at 52psi oil pressure. once I'm hooked to a trailer I expect I'll be just below 50.

This truck hasnt ran this smooth since new. purrs like a kitten.

replyreply
New paint is good for another 1/2 mpg. LOL
Looks great, good luck!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(10-13-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Well I'm finally back on the road. took too long... Went a little ape shi#t with the Cummins red paint!

Shimmer up the oil pump. bobtail right now 200f oil temp has me at 52psi oil pressure. once I'm hooked to a trailer I expect I'll be just below 50.

This truck hasnt ran this smooth since new. purrs like a kitten.

Heads up Brock, I was advised by a very well known member that oil pressure over 50psi has the potential to wash out the bearings in an ISX!
You might want to pull one dime out at your earliest opportunity!

Hopefully some of the gurus will chime in on this...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
your over 50 pis oil presser perplexes me tell me more , because if that is the case the isx has a major design flaw , i was also interested yesterday reading your asumption about the isx at idle an the noises it makes , allot of that is cam chatter not so much piston flop float , as at slow speed the cams they oscillate so to speak as the go over center and the forces go the other way , that gear in the front with the springs helps take some of that out , ever pull a lawn mower Engine over slow , how it pulsates , kinda similar in the cams at slow speed , is why everything smooths out at faster speed , its always there but the freeqancy is faster , now about cam chatter , add that to a front drive gear train and u add in the harmonics of the crank , constant twisting , loading un loading of the crank , is why u see some the new engines volvo caseih/ fiat massy fergason , mostely european going to rear cam drives , takes out the crank harmonics , sucks if u need to do work on them though . again back to the oil press i find it hard too believe that the isx is that close in psi 40 to 50 55 60 that is spins bearings , though i am not a expert by any means , i just think something is fishy. when i was racing a stock block chevy i ran 80 psi only because i was twisting it 8500 , hell my lil perkens irrigation motor ran 70 psi and my ford tractor lawn mower runs 60 as dose my cat and jd tractor , the old detroit thats a diff story lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.