Doing cams and front structure
10-06-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
RE: Doing cams and front structure
(10-05-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 )Brock Wrote:  For having 1.6 million km, the bottom looks great. Mains are solid and rods aren't showing near the wear I'd expect, even the cam bearings are better than expected considering this things bearings are all original!

Absolutely no sign of coolant down the cylinders.

Only thing that I see... liners are at the end of their life. looking pretty polished up.

I'm suprised at the shape of this thing considering the mandate was just removed. This truck dI'd a lot of idling at 650 with a 5w30 oil this winter. 3 hours minimum a day so I'm wondering if that may have been where my cam damage came from......

Actually, cam damage occur's when the tiny oil galley in the rocker arm shaft, become plugged with soot.
Don't feel bad , my camshaft, and rocker arm roller bearing, looked just like your's

I don't know if it's as simple as that. This 2017 550/1850 engine getting de-mandated - had 50k miles and 1200 hours and was beginning to show cam and roller wear already!

A gallon of gear lube at every oil change is your friend. Also ensure you are getting good oil flow up there. Those Parts don't wear fast unless something causes it. Contamination from when the engine was built? -- Who knows.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doing cams and front structure - Pigpen 2868 - 10-03-2016,
RE: Doing cams and front structure - Rawze - 10-06-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.