Doing cams and front structure
10-13-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
RE: Doing cams and front structure
your over 50 pis oil presser perplexes me tell me more , because if that is the case the isx has a major design flaw , i was also interested yesterday reading your asumption about the isx at idle an the noises it makes , allot of that is cam chatter not so much piston flop float , as at slow speed the cams they oscillate so to speak as the go over center and the forces go the other way , that gear in the front with the springs helps take some of that out , ever pull a lawn mower Engine over slow , how it pulsates , kinda similar in the cams at slow speed , is why everything smooths out at faster speed , its always there but the freeqancy is faster , now about cam chatter , add that to a front drive gear train and u add in the harmonics of the crank , constant twisting , loading un loading of the crank , is why u see some the new engines volvo caseih/ fiat massy fergason , mostely european going to rear cam drives , takes out the crank harmonics , sucks if u need to do work on them though . again back to the oil press i find it hard too believe that the isx is that close in psi 40 to 50 55 60 that is spins bearings , though i am not a expert by any means , i just think something is fishy. when i was racing a stock block chevy i ran 80 psi only because i was twisting it 8500 , hell my lil perkens irrigation motor ran 70 psi and my ford tractor lawn mower runs 60 as dose my cat and jd tractor , the old detroit thats a diff story lol
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doing cams and front structure - Pigpen 2868 - 10-03-2016,
RE: Doing cams and front structure - RPM1 - 10-13-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.